Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Winter Cover

DavidApp

DavidApp

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

Has anyone used the Protec easy-fit covers? At £365 they aren't cheap but supposedly very breathable without marking the paint. I'm only considering using it for 3-4 days at time but over the winter there may be slightly longer periods. Or should I just stick with regular cleaning and good polish?

Thanks.

Think Nick from Comfortz ( forumsponsor)just interduced a Cali verhicle cover....did you check thatone out?

Edit : they are in the forum shop also.....

Last edited:
I have one (actually two!). They are great, do appear to be breathable, very reassuring when the weather is pants that the van is getting less of a battering. Likewise when it's just parked up in full summers sun. We mainly bought ours as we get a load of tree debris filling up all the gutters.
The protec one I need to sell is the grey version for a T5 without a bike rack (and ideally no awning) though fits ok just a tadge short on the sides. Pm if any interest to you assuming you don't have the rack. £125 plus post. Apologies if I'm not supposed to advertise here.
Cheers, Will

When you say short on the sides with the awning, how short? Very difficult to get on short? Does it have the easy fit bars? I don't have the bike rack, but I do have the awning. Thanks.

It's approx 4-6" short on the sides but it would be best to view the photos with it on my 2012 Cali, (with side awning, no bike rack)...

http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/willsouthcott/library/VW T5 Protec Cover?sort=3&page=1

As said, I subsequently bought the green one as it caters for the bike rack. Even the green one was a little short on the sides (I think it was originally for the Cali pre-facelift where the mirrors fold closer to the body) so we added the extra bottom skirts to each side with some spare material that came with it. You can see this in one of the photos.
If it bothers you, you could always do the same, more than enough material by using the bag or protec can send you some. Protec are very helpful and quoted £50 plus post to modify ours but it seemed less faff doing it ourselves. Cheers, Will. (Let me know if the link doesn't work!)

Thanks for the information. I might take another look at the Comfortz cover first.

Put the comfortz cover on tonight as not using it for a while over the Christmas period. Very easy to fit, nicely elasticated around the corners and easy to fasten with the straps. There's still some flapping on the sides and roof, not much, but I think that might actually help with drying. It's going to be another wet few days. This was the first dry crisp day I can remember for ages. Just had it cleaned to, so will help keep the much off.

The Comfortz cover seems to work well. The inside of the cover was dry today, so it has been on since the 20th through all the rain we've had. Easy to fit and easy to remove for one person, but I am over 6' which helps. My only criticism and where I think improvements need to be made is around the wing mirrors. Even with the mirrors folded in, the cover is too tight around them and that is before tightening the rear straps. In high winds, there is some shifting of the cover and when it is pulled tight on the mirror, there is the potential for marking. My mirrors were slightly marked where the cover was but I managed to polish out the rub marks. The cover needs to have wing mirror "ears" that can accommodate the width of the mirrors. Other than that it seems to work well and dries quickly with a dehumidifier to pack away. I would be concerned about using it again unless I can ensure it is out of the wind, which on my street seems to be impossible.

Changed the thread title as the thread is now more about the Comfortz cover then the Protec cover. Also I have just checked the Protec samples again and the inside is softer than the Comfortz material.

Back