Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Condensation Build up on Windscreen

N

Nighters

VIP Member
Hi all,

Spent my first night in the Cali last weekend, was brilliant. The one thing I noticed was lots of condensation built up under the windscreen blind.

Took a lot of tea towels to dry it off, anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Paul

I use an external screen cover from silver screens and don't get the water condensation.:) maybe worth the investment if your doing some cold camping :)

We used to suffer with this when using the standard VW screen blind jobbies. Even when we had more than adequate ventilation. As lee said, it did all stop when we invested in an insulated screen cover from silver screens.

Looks like my next buy then is that cover. Do you guys have a web link to it?

Thanks again.

S'ok, you beat my first post. :lol: I should go and do some work...

I've got a couple of questions: how do i find the cover for the cali on their website as all i can find is a used damaged one for £139.
And is it possible to open the doors at all when it's fitted as we keep things in the door pockets (wine!) and i find it easier to fish them out if i open them a bit?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

For TaylorMade Is this the one for the Cali?

VW T5 (2004 - Present) Long Screen Cover

Ref: LL008

Price: £106.73 (Including VAT at 20%)

Coach Built

Nope... it's the one above it.

LL007...

Cali more akin to a conversion than coachbuilt (Which are typical MotorHomes - Box on Chassis arrangement)

Had one of these for years... thoroughly recommend

Does anyone have a cover made by batvw, and can they confirm they prevent condensation occurring?

I do have a bat cover but yet to use it in cold weather I would say not. It's very difficult to stop condensation when the outside temp is much less than the inside temp I am using it at half term so will report back on my findings :thumb

Silver screens are advertised on eBay as factory seconds for £89 + post as we speak ..that is where I got mine ..they just can't sell on their website seconds .

drmw1335 said:
Does anyone have a cover made by batvw, and can they confirm they prevent condensation occurring?

I have a BAT Screen cover which I use on the T4 Multivan, lovely piece of kit but it has pretty much no insulation properties... No visible effect on condensation at all. (Good at keeping the light out and a great improvement on the original T4 cab curtain)

The Taylormade thermal cover on the T5 is exceptional.

We just use a MF towel to dry it off!

The VW screens are super compact, they don't get wet or mucky and take seconds to use. The windscreen one is quite funny but IMO it works okay. I reckon the side ones are actually rather good.

For our winter cold packs, we use the silver screens, and have found them very well made. To open the doors you just unhook it. It's quite handy as during the day you just fold it down.

HTH

Freeley said:
I've got a couple of questions: how do i find the cover for the cali on their website as all i can find is a used damaged one for £139.
And is it possible to open the doors at all when it's fitted as we keep things in the door pockets (wine!) and i find it easier to fish them out if i open them a bit?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

best to give them a call .....if not the ebay seconds

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PARA- ... 2a24894788

This post has spurred me into action. Off to the lakes on Friday. Minus temperatures expected overnight!

Taylor cover ordered yesterday. Delivery promised tomorrow. ;)

Back