Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop


End of the t6 anybody still waiting for a build week

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Messages
1,259
Location
Uk
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
after some issues,on our previous order and then re ordering a van on the 3rd of September I’m still waiting on a build week
Any body else waiting on a build week or have you already been given a confirmed build week after ordering just before closing of the t6 on the 3rd of September??????
Hopefully I’m not alone here?????
 
S

subthree

Messages
222
Location
England
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have been told production of the T6.1 starts on 21 October, hope you get a build slot very soon...
 
Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Messages
1,259
Location
Uk
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was told by vwcs that the t6 build will end at week 46 but then again told by the dealer week 40/41??? After calling vwcs about us still not having a confirmation on build week they said definitely week 46 they end building the t6
Maybe I’ll get a t6nhalf
It’s really frustrating after doing the waiting once already
 
T

theosmonds

VIP Member
Messages
77
Location
Berkshire
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We're in the same position. Was a mad dash to the finish. We tried to order the week before but the order was rejected as we wanted 2 tone paint which they'd stopped but our dealer (Reading) wasn't aware. Overnight on the 2nd we had to decide if we wanted to go ahead with a single colour or wait for T6.1. We opted to order the T6 in Candy White and the order was placed on the 3rd. Haven't heard a thing since then. Marshalls Reading have said they're checking every couple of days and will let us know.
 
Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Messages
1,259
Location
Uk
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
It’s not good is it...
I know exactly how your feeling
 
T

theosmonds

VIP Member
Messages
77
Location
Berkshire
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Was naively hoping that it'd be rushed through to arrive before crashing out of the EU at the end of the month. Not sure which way we'll go in the event of an additional 10.6% levy. VW Dealer were good and said that we could just cancel/walk away with full refund in the event of a no deal if we preferred. Can't imagine that's a good situation for VW to be left with a high spec T6 Ocean in RHD. Part of the reason for us placing the order was the decent discount. If it's going to increase by £6k+ then why not wait for T6.1 or look around for a used close to spec. Wish we'd decided to go for it earlier in the year to avoid all the nonsense :confused:
 
S

subthree

Messages
222
Location
England
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Both of your orders sound odd. When we placed our order we were told exactly which build week our van was. Have you called VW customer service?
 
T

theosmonds

VIP Member
Messages
77
Location
Berkshire
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Both of your orders sound odd. When we placed our order we were told exactly which build week our van was. Have you called VW customer service?
Yeah I called CS couple of weeks back and they put me on hold for 15 mins while they checked and then the chap came back on the line and said he could see the order but there was no status yet..thinking back, he didn't sound very convincing. I'll try them again later today to see if I can get a straight answer.
 
T

theosmonds

VIP Member
Messages
77
Location
Berkshire
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Just called them again. Still nothing on the system in terms of build date. The rep that I spoke to offered to call the dealer to ask them if they knew which struck me as odd. Surely VWCS should have as much visibility on orders and progress as the main dealer? :headbang Suggested calling in another couple of weeks.
 
Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Messages
1,259
Location
Uk
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
You would think so,but every time I called vwcs they had no answers or very little knowledge of what’s going on
Always I will call you Back with an update within 2 days
Then someone new took over and they didn’t have any answers either.

Pretty useless really
Just a matter of waiting and getting a build week
 
Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Messages
1,259
Location
Uk
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We're in the same position. Was a mad dash to the finish. We tried to order the week before but the order was rejected as we wanted 2 tone paint which they'd stopped but our dealer (Reading) wasn't aware. Overnight on the 2nd we had to decide if we wanted to go ahead with a single colour or wait for T6.1. We opted to order the T6 in Candy White and the order was placed on the 3rd. Haven't heard a thing since then. Marshalls Reading have said they're checking every couple of days and will let us know.
Have you heard anything?
No luck this end :(
 
Wiggly Woo

Wiggly Woo

née liaoyang
Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
771
Location
South Wales
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
They are probably waiting for the badges with the new style VW logo to arrive from the injection moulders!
 
H

HB19

HB
VIP Member
Messages
89
Location
Burford
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
That’s really interesting because when I was looking to buy a Cali back in the summer, one VW dealer told me that one of the risks of ordering a brand new one was the likelihood of some ‘late’ new orders being cancelled. Basically, he explained that VW could be in a position of being unable to fulfil all T6 orders if there was a last minute rush before production of the T6.1 kicked in. He also suggested that, as I wanted to definitely have my new van by early March 2020, I might not have a new T6.1 in time. I wasn’t sure at the time if I was being strung a bit of a sales pitch (and I got quite a bit of teasing from my family when I used it as a reason to buy now rather than later ).
These two pearls of wisdom definitely pushed me towards getting one of the ‘good deals’ that have been available this summer. Luckily, I did manage to find one that suited my ideal spec (ish but enough) and we have enjoyed the summer all the more because of it. I am planning next year’s trips with the peace of mind of having the van outside waiting, but I have wondered sometimes whether I was a bit gullible re the possibility of an order cancellation.
 
Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Messages
1,259
Location
Uk
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We've just had a call from our dealer and VW have cancelled our order along with others saying they're unable to build any more T6s. It's taken them 2 months to figure this out. Mad beyond words currently..:mad:
Hi unfortunately our order was cancelled too ....I come to terms with it now ....
Think of it this way everything happens for a reason,
and start looking at an alternative
Maybe current stock that they want too offload (you may get a very good deal on a massive spec van or a 6.1.
Either way I’m sure you will get where you want to be .
 
Last edited:
T

theosmonds

VIP Member
Messages
77
Location
Berkshire
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
That’s really interesting because when I was looking to buy a Cali back in the summer, one VW dealer told me that one of the risks of ordering a brand new one was the likelihood of some ‘late’ new orders being cancelled. Basically, he explained that VW could be in a position of being unable to fulfil all T6 orders if there was a last minute rush before production of the T6.1 kicked in. He also suggested that, as I wanted to definitely have my new van by early March 2020, I might not have a new T6.1 in time. I wasn’t sure at the time if I was being strung a bit of a sales pitch (and I got quite a bit of teasing from my family when I used it as a reason to buy now rather than later ).
These two pearls of wisdom definitely pushed me towards getting one of the ‘good deals’ that have been available this summer. Luckily, I did manage to find one that suited my ideal spec (ish but enough) and we have enjoyed the summer all the more because of it. I am planning next year’s trips with the peace of mind of having the van outside waiting, but I have wondered sometimes whether I was a bit gullible re the possibility of an order cancellation.
Good to hear things worked out well for you. Sounds like your dealer was more up front/on the ball about the reality of ordering late. We only started looking at them late summer having not previously considered one before then, however that didn't give us much time to get an order placed once we heard about production ending. Our original order was 2 tone and that was cancelled due to the option being removed, so we were given 24 hours to decide before reordering a white one on Sept 3rd thinking that we got in on time. We had considered used but couldn't find an Ocean in the two tone we wanted or with the main options.
I think if we can get a good deal on a like for like 6.1 then we may go that route. Will have to see what VW come back with. Failing that we may leave it for now and just keep an eye on the used market until the right one comes along.
 
Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Messages
1,259
Location
Uk
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
If you wasn’t planning on using it loads over the winter speak to your dealer about ordering a 6.1 and if they can help you out in anyway ?
As a customer they if they have any decency about them will try to help as much as possible to get you fixed up with a new or stock van after your upset .????
I wanted to use ours all winter but I suppose now it gives me time to save more money and do jobs on the house....so it was sort of not too bad in the end
I must say our dealer was absolutely on the ball Really helpful with us.as always ,I did keep emailing him and he was always trying his best to give me answers.
Picking the right dealer is the most important thing I suppose.
 
H

HB19

HB
VIP Member
Messages
89
Location
Burford
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good to hear things worked out well for you. Sounds like your dealer was more up front/on the ball about the reality of ordering late. We only started looking at them late summer having not previously considered one before then, however that didn't give us much time to get an order placed once we heard about production ending. Our original order was 2 tone and that was cancelled due to the option being removed, so we were given 24 hours to decide before reordering a white one on Sept 3rd thinking that we got in on time. We had considered used but couldn't find an Ocean in the two tone we wanted or with the main options.
I think if we can get a good deal on a like for like 6.1 then we may go that route. Will have to see what VW come back with. Failing that we may leave it for now and just keep an eye on the used market until the right one comes along.
Oh yes, I can see exactly what happened. I must have contacted almost every dealer in the country during the four weeks I was looking but luckily the one with the story about the over selling (and possible cancellations) was one of the early ones.
No other dealers repeated it and I didn’t ask further, but it definitely influenced my timing.
Like you say, it will no doubt all work out. Good luck.
 
2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Messages
911
Location
Essex
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Good to hear things worked out well for you. Sounds like your dealer was more up front/on the ball about the reality of ordering late. We only started looking at them late summer having not previously considered one before then, however that didn't give us much time to get an order placed once we heard about production ending. Our original order was 2 tone and that was cancelled due to the option being removed, so we were given 24 hours to decide before reordering a white one on Sept 3rd thinking that we got in on time. We had considered used but couldn't find an Ocean in the two tone we wanted or with the main options.
I think if we can get a good deal on a like for like 6.1 then we may go that route. Will have to see what VW come back with. Failing that we may leave it for now and just keep an eye on the used market until the right one comes along.
Has the dealer checked unregistered T6 stock or are none now available?
 
Top