Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

End of the t6 anybody still waiting for a build week

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
after some issues,on our previous order and then re ordering a van on the 3rd of September I’m still waiting on a build week
Any body else waiting on a build week or have you already been given a confirmed build week after ordering just before closing of the t6 on the 3rd of September??????
Hopefully I’m not alone here?????

S

subthree

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
I have been told production of the T6.1 starts on 21 October, hope you get a build slot very soon...

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was told by vwcs that the t6 build will end at week 46 but then again told by the dealer week 40/41??? After calling vwcs about us still not having a confirmation on build week they said definitely week 46 they end building the t6
Maybe I’ll get a t6nhalf
It’s really frustrating after doing the waiting once already

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
We're in the same position. Was a mad dash to the finish. We tried to order the week before but the order was rejected as we wanted 2 tone paint which they'd stopped but our dealer (Reading) wasn't aware. Overnight on the 2nd we had to decide if we wanted to go ahead with a single colour or wait for T6.1. We opted to order the T6 in Candy White and the order was placed on the 3rd. Haven't heard a thing since then. Marshalls Reading have said they're checking every couple of days and will let us know.

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
It’s not good is it...
I know exactly how your feeling

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Was naively hoping that it'd be rushed through to arrive before crashing out of the EU at the end of the month. Not sure which way we'll go in the event of an additional 10.6% levy. VW Dealer were good and said that we could just cancel/walk away with full refund in the event of a no deal if we preferred. Can't imagine that's a good situation for VW to be left with a high spec T6 Ocean in RHD. Part of the reason for us placing the order was the decent discount. If it's going to increase by £6k+ then why not wait for T6.1 or look around for a used close to spec. Wish we'd decided to go for it earlier in the year to avoid all the nonsense :confused:

S

subthree

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Both of your orders sound odd. When we placed our order we were told exactly which build week our van was. Have you called VW customer service?

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Both of your orders sound odd. When we placed our order we were told exactly which build week our van was. Have you called VW customer service?
Yeah I called CS couple of weeks back and they put me on hold for 15 mins while they checked and then the chap came back on the line and said he could see the order but there was no status yet..thinking back, he didn't sound very convincing. I'll try them again later today to see if I can get a straight answer.

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Just called them again. Still nothing on the system in terms of build date. The rep that I spoke to offered to call the dealer to ask them if they knew which struck me as odd. Surely VWCS should have as much visibility on orders and progress as the main dealer? :headbang Suggested calling in another couple of weeks.

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
You would think so,but every time I called vwcs they had no answers or very little knowledge of what’s going on
Always I will call you Back with an update within 2 days
Then someone new took over and they didn’t have any answers either.

Pretty useless really
Just a matter of waiting and getting a build week

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We're in the same position. Was a mad dash to the finish. We tried to order the week before but the order was rejected as we wanted 2 tone paint which they'd stopped but our dealer (Reading) wasn't aware. Overnight on the 2nd we had to decide if we wanted to go ahead with a single colour or wait for T6.1. We opted to order the T6 in Candy White and the order was placed on the 3rd. Haven't heard a thing since then. Marshalls Reading have said they're checking every couple of days and will let us know.
Have you heard anything?
No luck this end :(

Our Partners