Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Dial / wheel - funny behaviour

Marcuk03

Marcuk03

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,

Ive recently purchased a nearly new T6 Ocean which is a late 2018 plate and im really enjoying it but i do have a control panel question.

The panel seems to be working fine but I do notice that when rotating the selector dial it does not go to the next item above or below in the menu but it seems to jump through the selection in 2's or 3's at a time and eventually i get the option i want.

Is this normal behaviour or should i get it replaced under warranty?

thanks all :)

Hi,

Ive recently purchased a nearly new T6 Ocean which is a late 2018 plate and im really enjoying it but i do have a control panel question.

The panel seems to be working fine but I do notice that when rotating the selector dial it does not go to the next item above or below in the menu but it seems to jump through the selection in 2's or 3's at a time and eventually i get the option i want.

Is this normal behaviour or should i get it replaced under warranty?

thanks all :)
The “normal” reason for this is worn splines on the knob allowing it to skip (I think the club shop sells a repair kit).
Having said that, mine has been skipping menu items the same as yours. It’s been like it for years. I’ve checked the splines and they are ok.
I‘m sure it’s a fault in the electronic switch as I’ve had the same issue with digital radios controls. Mine has not got any worse so I just live with it!
If you are still in warranty get it changed.

Yeah I was thinking as its not even 2yrs old yet I should just get it replaced.
I just hope they dont take too long to sort it out as ive a few camping trips booked up now :)

Thanks for the advice Alec.

Back