Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Display

fergie

fergie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
L1ZNFe0oTIWWsIoL9otgHQ.jpgL1ZNFe0oTIWWsIoL9otgHQ.jpgL1ZNFe0oTIWWsIoL9otgHQ.jpg

I had the control panel replaced in 2013 for approx £600 by VW Breeze Poole as the rotary knob failed. Now I have display issues. See photo, lines with no info. I have followed the threads regarding the verotronics.nl website but the thought of removing the unit is a bit beyond me. Is there no one in the UK who would do the repair? I hesitate to go to a VW dealer having been fleeced too many times ... Any advice gratefully received.

Hi it’s quite a common problem with the old displays there are quite a few threads on the forum on how to fix the display and if your not confident doing that then there are some companies out there who will repair the unit. Have a search through the forum or maybe @Loz or @WelshGas can point you in and he right direction

I had mine repaired at Verotronics on my T5 and had no more trouble. There is a good step by step instruction on the thread somewhere and it is not rocket science and certainly worth doing.

Tom

I had the control panel replaced in 2013 for approx £600 by VW Breeze Poole as the rotary knob failed. Now I have display issues. See photo, lines with no info. I have followed the threads regarding the verotronics.nl website but the thought of removing the unit is a bit beyond me. Is there no one in the UK who would do the repair? I hesitate to go to a VW dealer having been fleeced too many times ... Any advice gratefully received.
The Forum Shop sell Refurbished/Repaired Control Panels and a Buy Back for your Control Panel.
More expensive but cheaper than VW.

Thanks Tom, I’ll give it a go.

I had mine repaired at Verotronics on my T5 and had no more trouble. There is a good step by step instruction on the thread somewhere and it is not rocket science and certainly worth doing.

Tom
Tom, I managed to get the unit out, thanks for the photos they really helped. It is on its way to Verotronics.nl

I've not had much luck with the control panel in mine.
Was replaced by VW at 4 years old due to the display disappearing line by line, then another 4 years later it did it again.
This time I decided to buy a refurbed panel from the club shop but the buttons on it were broken when I got it so I sent it back.
So I sent mine off to Verotronics for repair and it's been fine for about a year, but just noticed I've got a line missing again.
I wonder if they give a 12 month warranty with the repair? I'll have to check how long ago it was done.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've not had much luck with the control panel in mine.
Was replaced by VW at 4 years old due to the display disappearing line by line, then another 4 years later it did it again.
This time I decided to buy a refurbed panel from the club shop but the buttons on it were broken when I got it so I sent it back.
So I sent mine off to Verotronics for repair and it's been fine for about a year, but just noticed I've got a line missing again.
I wonder if they give a 12 month warranty with the repair? I'll have to check how long ago it was done.

Hi Freeley, I sent mine off on 17th, received 19th, sent Euro 133.10 (£118.28) today, 20th and hope to get it back soon. Verotronics only give a 3 month warranty.

Oh dear that's a shame. Just checked and they fixed mine in January this year so a bit disappointing that's it's not still under warranty.

Oh dear that's a shame. Just checked and they fixed mine in January this year so a bit disappointing that's it's not still under warranty.

They still might do something for you if you explain, or
you could drive over there and superglue yourself to the
entrance door until they fix it for free.

If you take the control panel out and send it to Verotronics and get it back fixed, does it then work again once you've clicked (shoved?) it back into place? Or is there some elaborate re-setting / fuse-changing / whatever required?
We need our control panel fixing quickly as we are changing the van for a new (second hand) one, and we happen to be going to Holland this week. I asked Verotronics if they could repair it quickly if we brought it to them, and they said they could do it in a day or two. But I don't want to then have the van disabled because we can't get the unit back in place and working again.
Any thoughts?

That sounds ok, thanks Westfalia

Nick made a video on the club youtube channel on how to remove the panel, worth a watch.

If you take the control panel out and send it to Verotronics and get it back fixed, does it then work again once you've clicked (shoved?) it back into place? Or is there some elaborate re-setting / fuse-changing / whatever required?
We need our control panel fixing quickly as we are changing the van for a new (second hand) one, and we happen to be going to Holland this week. I asked Verotronics if they could repair it quickly if we brought it to them, and they said they could do it in a day or two. But I don't want to then have the van disabled because we can't get the unit back in place and working again.
Any thoughts?

I'm not experienced at this sort of thing but I got it out with the help of the photos and threads in this forum, sticking the screwdriver in the appropriate places having taken out the overhead light fitting first. Sent it away to Verotronics, paid (Transferwise) and received it back - all very efficient. Regarding refitting, I also followed the advice given in the forum to replace the smallest connectors first before the larger one with the clip. Everything now works beautifully. I gather there may be problems with the auxiliary heater if you connect the largest connector first. My pal who does know about these things had suggested that I disconnect the battery whilst reinstalling... well I did disconnect the battery but it was the engine battery not the Leisure battery ... duh! All went well nonetheless.... very chuffed to have done this so cheaply. I also replaced the water pump for pennies a couple of years ago and will always come to the forum for advice.

Useful information, thanks Fergie!

Nick made a video on the club youtube channel on how to remove the panel, worth a watch.
Hi we followed the tutorial to remove the control panel and the purple we need to flip to release the connection snapped off so we can't disconnect the unit now. Any suggestions please? thanks

Hi we followed the tutorial to remove the control panel and the purple we need to flip to release the connection snapped off so we can't disconnect the unit now. Any suggestions please? thanks
*Purple clip

Hi we were trying to remove the control panel for repair. There is a purple clip which is flipped over to disconnect the unit from the cable. This snapped off when trying to flip it so now cant remove the panel . Has anyone experienced this issue or can anyone suggest a solution? Can a new clip be purchased? thanks in advance .

The clip is not available to buy without the rest of the wiring loom

The clip is just a lock. I think you can take the risk to use it without the clip. After you managed to undo the loom...

Agree with @Deskman
you should be able to just push it back in firmly, how did the clip break?
you might have to remove part of the clip, or you might get half of the clip
to work.

Pictures of the offending part are always good to see. :thumb