WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi WelshGas,

I've just come across your post, I've been living with missing lines on my control panel for a while now, and the time has come to do something about it. New one is too much (until the van becomes unusable) and the eBay ones generally look to be in poor order.

I've concluded that I would have a go myself, but seeing the Dutch option above I think that's a better way to proceed.

Have you used the company? what was the outcome?

Thanks for the contact.

Sorry. I haven't had need yet. Just found the information on the Internet.

I would suggest emailing them .

You could ask one of the members from the Netherlands to enquire on your behalf.

Poptop in The Netherlands now also offers CU repair, € 249,50.

See this link. They say you will have to do without your unit for about a week.

Poptop in The Netherlands now also offers CU repair, € 249,50.

See this link. They say you will have to do without your unit for about a week.

Camper Centrum Amersfoort can also help you on thatone.

I contacted the company in the top post and can confirm that they will repair the ribbon in my control unit. The cost will be 75e plus 25e to post it back all excluding VAT. I removed my unit and posted it off yesterday afternoon. It cost £12 to send with insurance.

Overall, assuming it comes back fully working, I think that's a good price to get it sorted.

I'll report back one its returned.

Excellent. Hope all goes well. Yes, Please let us know the outcome, because if it all works out OK we could ask to make this thread a sticky so it can be easily found.
Was communication easy?

Comms was very easy - I sent a quick email (in English) to double check that they can do the repair and what the cost would be and asked how to proceed. The lady replied with the details and pointed out that there is a form on their website which should be completed and enclosed with the faulty item. They will do the work, let me know that it's done and issue an invoice. Once that's paid they will return the unit.

fingers crossed..

Quick update, I was advices yesterday that they had received my unit and had repaired it. They requested payment, I paid using PayPal for simplicity and today received an email saying that the unit had been dispatched.

Will update when I receive it back and refit it.

Update,

Today the repaired control panel arrived back home and has been fitted. It's perfect, problem solved.

Cost in the end was 121euro plus my original outbound postage, which I think compared to a new one or unknown one on eBay is very good.

I posted the unit out on Friday and it returned a week Thursday - so about 14 days total turn around. Worth noting that I'm offshore too so that would have added a couple of days for postage.

The contact details I used were : info@verotronics.nl Meriam is her name. As I said above just print out the return form from their website and enclose it with the unit and send it off.

Need to be able to live without the control unit for a couple of weeks, but that should be do able in the winter months.

Would not hesitate to recommend them

I'm glad it is sorted. Good to know the units can be repaired for those out of warranty.

Message to Staff - Could this thread be made a sticky in the appropriate Forum.:thumb

Just had my 'pixels' fixed by Miriam and the team at Verotronics. First class service and fixed within a couple of days. Definitely a better option than DIY repair or £750 for a new unit!! :thumb:thumb:thumb

Which company did you trust to send it with?

I'm thinking of giving this a go...

Which company did you trust to send it with?

I'm thinking of giving this a go...
There is now a UK company that can repair.
See here.