Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Convert to twin hob/sink cover

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Has anyone converted the single hob/sink cover into a twin one? In think two covers would make life easier but mine is only single..has anyone done that, is it possible and expensive? 2017 model cali ocean..

Has anyone converted the single hob/sink cover into a twin one? In think two covers would make life easier but mine is only single..has anyone done that, is it possible and expensive? 2017 model cali ocean..
I haven’t seen any reports of anyone doing it.
The parts are expensive and instead of using a strut to hold up the lid the twin cover uses special hinge to hold the covers up. I would think the hinge attachment has some strengthening to take the weight. So not a simple swap over.

i was told it can not be done , we asked it during a factory visit in Hannover.

The whole back of the kitchen unit is different you would need very deep pockets to do it

I know this isn't the question you are asking, but someone makes a shelf that clips on next to the sink, just above the sockets. Maybe someone else can remember which company makes them.

I know this isn't the question you are asking, but someone makes a shelf that clips on next to the sink, just above the sockets. Maybe someone else can remember which company makes them.
You can also get a chopping board that fits over the bowl and can be left in place with the lid down.

Back