Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooking pod

Diverboy 61

Diverboy 61

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
probably a million times asked question but has anyone fitted or build a kitchen pod for a beach that can be temporarily fitted. I was looking to make one and welcome any tips, advise and building plans you may have. Love to be able to fix it onto the floor rails.

I've been thinking similar thoughts for when we return to the UK, and the conclusion I have come to is that the best solution for us will be to construct a kitchen on a trailer. Gas, battery, water tank, waste water all below. Sink, hob and work area above one side, storage the other side. Solar panels on the lockable lid for extending the battery charge.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I have been looking into this for some time - planning to get a Willy when the time is righthttps://www.maxxcamp.de/en/modules/fleximodule-willy/index.php t
This Maxxcamp kit is top top kit but not cheap - plus i am not sure about the name, but looking forward to shouting across the camp site - 'im just getting my Willy out'

the @BALLANGER Fred is the definitive DIY thread, and @Max-Felix threads are worth searching out on this.

Others have modified an IKEA Alex unit, though I refuse to use the term ‘hack’ on principle.

Start saving hard for anything from MAXXcamp, but it’s good gear.

Another +1 for a Slidepod

full

full

It isn't as portable as a Maxxcamp unit in that it will take 2 people to remove it.

If we're staying on a site for a few days and have the awning up we usually take it out and set it up in the awning.

Another +1 for a Slidepod

full

full

It isn't as portable as a Maxxcamp unit in that it will take 2 people to remove it.

If we're staying on a site for a few days and have the awning up we usually take it out and set it up in the awning.
How much was it if you don’t mind me asking ?

How much was it if you don’t mind me asking ?
We ordered it as a special when Slidepods were at a show. They're around the 2k mark when you've got all the bits you'd want. I was happy to support a local(ish) enterprise.

It is a quality bit of kit and the service they provide is excellent. They're fully customisable and you get exactly what you want.

Lots of colours to choose from too:

full

Maxxcamp dreary grey (I don't think they call it that) is an option if you want it ...

Like 'Owen', I built my own internal Pod and building another one for my new Beach. Have a search on here and you'll find some great posts from people who have built their own Pod. For a 2 seater Beach I would recommend building a Pod to replace the VW supplied unit on the passenger side.

Andy

Like 'Owen', I built my own internal Pod and building another one for my new Beach. Have a search on here and you'll find some great posts from people who have built their own Pod. For a 2 seater Beach I would recommend building a Pod to replace the VW supplied unit on the passenger side.

Andy
I have the three seat rear bench so looking for a small unit behind passenger seat or boot mount system . Something to make a brew in the winter

The people who converted my daughter's van do a lift out unit - they can adjust it to suit requirements. The quality of their work is very high but they can adjust that too (daughter wanted something more basic)

Lift out camp.jpg

Back