Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coordinates

timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi
I was wondering how many of you happy campers use the coordinates taken from Google maps.
I myself have never used them for places in towns but find them useful out in the countryside.
I am going to try them in a few villages and towns, Probably send me though someones garden !!!???
Timber

No problem on the RNS510. In town or countryside, in UK or abroad.

I tried to put in some coordinates in the RNS510 of a site we wanted to search ....no use ...did not work but sure it was me doing things wrong.
Would like to know more on how to use this feature .
Maybe someone can explane me this at the june meet .....;)

Never.
Too many ways to amke a hash of it.
Postcode everytime even when in the countryside.
Point is, if you know it is slightly dodgy then you are prepared to be flexible on arrival!

OS map app on the iPhone.

Never.
Too many ways to amke a hash of it.
Postcode everytime even when in the countryside.
Point is, if you know it is slightly dodgy then you are prepared to be flexible on arrival!
Bit difficult using the postcode abroad. ASCI give you the GPS coordinates and hasn't let me down yet.

Bit difficult using the postcode abroad. ASCI give you the GPS coordinates and hasn't let me down yet.
Good point.
Always take a paper print out of the site map fron a website and Ste nav...

Same here. I often check out their coordinates on Google maps before I go abroad and they're unerringly accurate. If your sat nav is half decent then what's the problem it takes you via roads not across ploughed fields for God's sake!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

My house in Lincolnshire is difficult to find, post code sends you 2 miles away so coordinates are a must for courier companies, even Yodel manage to find me.

Back