Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

COTF 2018

Random tangent...

The coach at my gym is the current UK wife carrying champion...he got to go to Finland for the World's!
Wow - carry thats a long way to carry your wife ....... did he marry a midget

I'm definitely interested, but depends on dates. Took my granddaughter with me to Brean this year and we both enjoyed it.

Would love to come back to COTF again (subject to dates)......just wondered if there will be a special area behind velvet roping for the becoming very rare (on this forum) classic Mk1 T5 California's ?

;)

Would love to come back to COTF again (subject to dates)......just wondered if there will be a special area behind velvet roping for the becoming very rare (on this forum) classic Mk1 T5 California's ?

;)
You will have to enter it into the show n shine

Interested, need dates before we could confirm as already have 30+ days Iceland trip booked for summer.

We are in Somerset in late June for a christening on the 23rd in Taunton, so if the dates are ok, we can attend.

Interested, need dates before we could confirm as already have 30+ days Iceland trip booked for summer.
Hi, just read your post and am really interested in an Iceland trip but not sure where to start looking for planning and tips etc. Do you have any advice you could send my way or post?
Cheers
Peaps

Hi, just read your post and am really interested in an Iceland trip but not sure where to start looking for planning and tips etc. Do you have any advice you could send my way or post?
Cheers
Peaps
Will send a PM with some details

....the sound of silence ....
@Calikev
Any news on a date?

Unfortunately we have had to leave it this year mainly due to the campsite reorganising the site and drafting in a load more static vans. We will definitely be back in 2019 at a different location. Don’t worry as 2018 will be full of local meets dotted around the country so hopefully something for everyone.Keep an eye on the events calendar.
Cheers kev

All too familiar sight these days with camp sites where statics gradually take over touring pitches. I guess they make more money from a static but it's sad to see all the touring pitches disappearing.

All too familiar sight these days with camp sites where statics gradually take over touring pitches. I guess they make more money from a static but it's sad to see all the touring pitches disappearing.

There is a lovely Forest Campsite in Beddgelert which is being changed at the moment.
It will end up as a lot of cabins and a greatly reduced number of touring pitches. It used to be a site where a lot of DofE camps stayed which introduced young people to the National Parks and camping.

Unfortunately we have had to leave it this year mainly due to the campsite reorganising the site and drafting in a load more static vans. We will definitely be back in 2019 at a different location. Don’t worry as 2018 will be full of local meets dotted around the country so hopefully something for everyone.Keep an eye on the events calendar.
Cheers kev

Guess there must a be a other campsite in the UK that can take +100 campers ?
Why should it need to be at a campsite anyway , just a field and a mobile toiletblock should do . We all can live without a shower (all those T6 owners got one allready anyway;))

If you all promise to make a trip accros the channel i can arrange a COTF-Belgium !

How about Lobb fields in Devon...?
I’m sure they could accommodate, as it’s a good sized campsite.

How about Lobb fields in Devon...?
I’m sure they could accommodate, as it’s a good sized campsite.
Lobb fields is really popular campsite all the season , so not sure they would be able to accommodate us all, although middle field may be ok, top field is very sloping. We love Lobb, Saunton sands is the best beach ever.

Lobb fields is really popular campsite all the season , so not sure they would be able to accommodate us all, although middle field may be ok, top field is very sloping. We love Lobb, Saunton sands is the best beach ever.

They have hosted a few different clubs over the years. In one of the fields together.
Agree, would need to be before silly season or after. I guess June after the May Bank Holidays or beginning September once the kids are back to school.

Maybe COTF becomes Calis At The Beach :)

Cali's on the Fields??

Just spoken to Lobbs field and waiting to see what dates they can do and how many they can accommodate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks Brian, looks good .... I will pass that to Nick as he wants to arrange one up that way

Back