Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CotF Weekend Updates & News - Live from the Farm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu

Guest User
Please use this thread to post (and read :mrgreen: ) all of the latest news, updates and information or experiences you wish to share as they happen.

The sun is out, the beer is chilling and we're all set for a great weekend. :upsidedown :bananadance

Those of you traveling, please take care on the roads we'd sooner see you arrive a little later but safely rather than anything else.

If you approach from Cowfold direction you need the left turn on to the B2116 Weasheaf Road which is before the village of Henfield. Look out for the small VW signs at the junction.

To access the farm follow the B2116 and you'll eventually see some plastic cows on your left which indicate the turning to the campsite. You'll also see a club banner :hello

A reminder to those arriving, we need to get a lot of people into the main area so in order to make this easier please help us by pitching where you are asked to go. This will ensure there is adequate space for safety and of course should people wish to get their vans in or out. :thumb

Is there a postcode for the sat nav please? Just about to leave...I

Found it BN5 9AT

Accident on M23 meaning long tail backs and at least a 30 mins extra to journey!

Decided to travel early in the morning rather than tonight. Really excited to see a field of Cali's when we arrive. Have fun tonight!

Re: CotF Weekend Updates & News - Live from the Farm!!

Rozzie50 said:
Accident on M23 meaning long tail backs and at least a 30 mins extra to journey!

Thanks rozzie50 ... Not great news :-(

MichaelB said:
Decided to travel early in the morning rather than tonight. Really excited to see a field of Cali's when we arrive. Have fun tonight!

Around 80 vans on site at the moment!!

Big thanks to everyone here so far. I think we've managed to get pretty much everyone parked in a reasonable location.

Anyone who's not already realised, there is no hot water in the dishwashing sinks close to our field however a few steps further and adjacent to the toilet block you'll find plenty there.

Nick + Comfortz is doing a roaring trade so if you want anything from him get yourselves over there tomorrow.

SMG have almost all of the UK stock of Brandrup all ready to come to site tomorrow.

Fresh coffee from the coffee van should hopefully be available from quite early (I'm told around 0800)

Please be advised a possible fatal accident just up the road from the campsite entrance (Cowfold side) means that at the time of writing the road is still closed. You will need to follow the diversion if arriving later tonight.

Anyone still looking to arrive tonight I would suggest you park in the top field and wait until tomorrow to be shown to your pitch.

Anyone whom has arrived after the site office closed, please visit them tomorrow to settle up.

If their is any sort of emergency please notify one or all of the staff ASAP. Kev & Martin can be found in the first two Silver vans on the right as you come through the gate and I am a little further on long the same edge of the field.

I hope you all have a great night sleep, big day tomorrow and we look forwarding speaking with you all.

Please also remember if you've had a BBQ or fire pit alight to ensure it is fully extinguished before you go to bed and don't take it inside your tent. :thumb

Thanks for the heads up stu on what going on and the update in the accident ..I'll be back on side with you first thing :)

Morning all. We had some rain last night but this morning the sun is up and I think we're in for a terrific day. If you're setting off this morning to join us, drive safely and have a good journey.

Lee don't know the deal with the road closure, hopefully all open now.

Morning , nice to wake up to sunshine again, who had their alarm going off a few minutes ago ?

All quiet at the farm this morning... Bright and pretty warm.

Good sleep last night despite the torrential rain.

First coffee drunk and almost time for the full English :)

Ahh... The coffee wagon has just turned up... Fantastic.

Morning all Cali Campers hope you slept well.

Here is today's forecast for Henfield with temperatures getting up to 12 deg.

Forecast Summary

Today
Early rain over eastern parts soon clearing, with bright or sunny intervals for a time before a little rain spreads east late morning or early afternoon. This will be followed by somewhat brighter conditions but with heavy, perhaps thundery, showers.

Tonight
Showers are expected to last into the evening but then mostly die out overnight as skies become rather clearer,too. This will lead to a rather colder night than recently.

For more details:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647111

John

We're awake and kettle has been on and tea has been made!!! Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Here's a quick one.

Our sister Cali Club in Australia also having thier meeting today. :thumb

image.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368283922.818588.jpg

Piccies look awesome! Wish we could've made!!!

Maybe next year?

Hope you all have tons of fun ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back