Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown to delivery

Splitrich said:
I've been following this forum for months. Thank you to everyone for their hints and tips.

Sold our splitscreen today

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Darkside from a previous long time Split Bus owner
;)

Thanks David. Still have a splitty in the garage to work on but really looking forward to the Cali arriving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered ours end of October, just had an email from the dealer saying its arrived at Grimsby and should be ready for collection from our dealers in Yorkshire next week. Only been 9 weeks since order and we were initially told approx 12 weeks so quite a nice surprise for the new year.

That's fantastic news. Also ordered mine from mark at West Yorkshire van centre at the end of October. Will have to find out if mines moved again. Last I heard it was only starting to be build this week but maybe it's moved forward again - fingers crossed.

Post some pics when you pick up yours

Richard

hubert72 said:
Ordered ours end of October, just had an email from the dealer saying its arrived at Grimsby and should be ready for collection from our dealers in Yorkshire next week. Only been 9 weeks since order and we were initially told approx 12 weeks so quite a nice surprise for the new year.

Hi, is it not worth waiting 5-6 weeks to collect and have it registered as a 15 plate. Are you going to use it much in February?

For the sake of a few weeks I would wait for a 15 plate, it will also add a few hundred pound for resale.

larrylamb said:
hubert72 said:

Hi, is it not worth waiting 5-6 weeks to collect and have it registered as a 15 plate. Are you going to use it much in February?

Yes did think about that but also driving a temporary rental at 500 a month so like a kid with a new toy decided to have it hand and send the rental back. Doubt we will be going anywhere meaningful till spring, I'm not an experienced camper so might take me a while to build up what I need, I seem to find something new that I need every day on this forum.

Splitrich said:
That's fantastic news. Also ordered mine from mark at West Yorkshire van centre at the end of October. Will have to find out if mines moved again. Last I heard it was only starting to be build this week but maybe it's moved forward again - fingers crossed.

Post some pics when you pick up yours

Richard

Van collected and pics posted on my gallery, Mark was very good throughout, kept us well informed and very honest up front advice with no sales bull. Would recommend him to anyone.

Made sense if you were paying ÂŁ500 month for a rental to pick up the Cali sooner, looks fab - enjoy. :thumb

Did you lower the van in the end? We lowered our Beach with the VW sportline Springs last year and it transformed the way it handled and felt so much tighter, best thing we did tbh.
We have ordered a new SE, sold our Bay and the Split is going on the market in a week or two. Will lower that when it arrives at the dealer before driving off in it lol.

Heard from dealer today, van has arrived in the country and will be delivered to the West Yorkshire van centre on Monday. Hoping for some pics before it heads off for a few additions.:)

Cannot believe how pleased we are. Roll on 21/3 when we plan to pick it up :bananadance

Violet has arrived at the dealers, bang on time. Still in her raw state, off to the body shop now for a few extras to be added

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425311917.534584.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425311947.714280.jpg

Roll on 21st when we pick her up just in time for Volksworld the following weekend

Rich

1963 15 window splitscreen
2015 California SE 180 DSG Blackberry metallic

Welcome, Violet!! She looks fabulous and what a pretty name for a blackberry lady :thumb
Are you having the sill protectors put on for the driver and passenger doors? I had these put on (along with the rear bumper protector) and I would definitely recommend them.

I remember how excited I was when I went to see Ariadne after she arrived at the dealership - all wrapped up from her journey but absolutely mine :D Enjoy!

Maud, yes have those to add along with some alloygators to protect the alloys, which I can thoroughly recommend as we have them on our others cars and despite my wife's best attempts have saved all the alloys. www.waite-savers.co.uk

Richard

1963 15 window splitscreen
2015 California SE 180 DSG Blackberry metallic