Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Covid 19 Vaccination and International Travel.

Well it seems the " Light at the End of the Tunnel " just got a little brighter with the Oxford/Zeneca Vaccine gaining Approval.
Apparently none of those who received 1 dose and then got infected with C19 ended up hospitalised, hence why they have approved a 2 dose regimen but with upto 12 weeks between the 2 doses.
But the next few weeks will be critical for the NHS.

Well it seems the " Light at the End of the Tunnel " just got a little brighter with the Oxford/Zeneca Vaccine gaining Approval.
Apparently none of those who received 1 dose and then got infected with C19 ended up hospitalised, hence why they have approved a 2 dose regimen but with upto 12 weeks between the 2 doses.
But the next few weeks will be critical for the NHS.

Yep. Time if you possibly can to lock down even tighter.

Mike

...like the huge craters left by those old jabs we used to get when we were kids (showing my age).

BCG.

Oh yes, good old BCG,

A couple of weeks of discomfort with a crusty scab for most people and the end result is the eradication of the biggest killer disease on the planet.

Probably the greatest triumph of medicine.

This post describes how the ‘source code’ of the Pfizer vaccine was created. The vaccine is basically a computer program, which is then printed on a DNA printer o_O

It’s a little complicated, but easy enough to follow along, I found it fascinating.

Am I missing something here? According to the scientific bods on the telly this afternoon its still unknown and will remain so for quite some time whether or not the vaccine will prevent onward transmission of the virus. If it does, great, if it doesn't what is the point of needing a certificate to travel. Surely authorities everywhere need to know that you can't pass it on, not whether you personally can't get ill from it.

Am I missing something here? According to the scientific bods on the telly this afternoon its still unknown and will remain so for quite some time whether or not the vaccine will prevent onward transmission of the virus. If it does, great, if it doesn't what is the point of needing a certificate to travel. Surely authorities everywhere need to know that you can't pass it on, not whether you personally can't get ill from it.

Exactly.

With the vaccine we now might all be asymptomatic carriers for those who have no such protection.

A sort of herd immunity and Darwin in one,

We all become immune so can carry it to those who believe its no worse than flu. Here we go neuron-giant!

Who knows? It’s a huge learning curve for medical science.

I’m having the vaccine as soon as they offer it to me but based on the online queue checker I have a >9 week wait. By the time I get the vaccine they will hopefully know more about onward transmission by those who have been vaccinated.

Your vaccine queue results
♂️♀️♂️♂️♀️♂️
Based on your profile, there are between 9,491,091 and 11,870,311 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 06/03/2021 and 23/03/2021.

Who knows? It’s a huge learning curve for medical science.

I’m having the vaccine as soon as they offer it to me but based on the online queue checker I have a >9 week wait. By the time I get the vaccine they will hopefully know more about onward transmission by those who have been vaccinated.

Your vaccine queue results

Based on your profile, there are between 9,491,091 and 11,870,311 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 06/03/2021 and 23/03/2021.

See you in the queue as I got exactly the same result. Used omnicalculator.

Mike

See you in the queue as I got exactly the same result. Used omnicalculator.

Mike
My name’s Mike too :)
Maybe the Leonards are in front of us and the Nigels are behind.

The discussions are starting in lots of other countries with regards to travel rights.
Spain have stated those that refuse Vax will be recorded on a data base, who will have access to the data base is unclear. In Germany there is a legal challenge already in the pipeline in reference to covid passport.
France has massive issues, anti vax campaigners estimate 50% of population could refuse the vax.
Why is it of interest! Well with the talk of airlines for one refusing travel without vax proof in the future life is going to cause lots of problems for some.

Had the first shot of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. Sore arm and a little lethargic other than that a walk in the park.

The authorities will be monitoring those vaccinated and if they are capable of passing the virus on. Should know in 2-3 months. Getting a working vaccine was just the start.

Oh yes, good old BCG,

A couple of weeks of discomfort with a crusty scab for most people and the end result is the eradication of the biggest killer disease on the planet.

Probably the greatest triumph of medicine.

I thought the greatest triumph of medicine was Jenner’s wisdom for creating the first ever vaccine and the vaccine that eradicated smallpox.
Now that really was an awful disease...

Only two strains still in existence.
One at an American military medical/research base and another at a similar facility in Russia.

Beggars belief that they haven’t destroyed these existing strains completely...

I thought the greatest triumph of medicine was Jenner’s wisdom for creating the first ever vaccine and the vaccine that eradicated smallpox.
Now that really was an awful disease...

Only two strains still in existence.
One at an American military medical/research base and another at a similar facility in Russia.

Beggars belief that they haven’t destroyed these existing strains completely...

I was referring to the eradication of smallpox. It's an age thing, confusing TB jab with smallpox jab.:oops: It was after all around 70 years ago when I had it .....

A triumph for human endeavour organised by that currently maligned organisation the W.H.O.

Now malaria is the worlds biggest killer disease. It is estimated that a similar programme to that which eradicated smallpox would cost around £80bn, loose change for Jeff Bezoz.

I am referring to the eradication of smallpox.

A triumph for human endeavour organised by that currently maligned organisation the W.H.O.

Now malaria is the worlds biggest killer disease. It is estimated that a similar programme to that which eradicated smallpox would cost around £80bn, loose change for Jeff Bezoz.

His net worth increased by that margin in 2020 alone.
It’s quite horrifying.

I am in Crete with my Cali on an Irish reg as I live in Ireland but I am still traveling on a UK passport. There is no Covid in Crete and we are allowed to leave Greece to travel back to Ireland but I dont feel safe to do so crossing France and Spain and possibly UK to do so. I am only allowed to stay in the Schengen area 3 months in total. Presuming this time starts on 1st January and I will have to reach Ireland or UK before 31st March, would I be fined if due to Covid I did not feel safe to travel until April?

I am in Crete with my Cali on an Irish reg as I live in Ireland but I am still traveling on a UK passport. There is no Covid in Crete and we are allowed to leave Greece to travel back to Ireland but I dont feel safe to do so crossing France and Spain and possibly UK to do so. I am only allowed to stay in the Schengen area 3 months in total. Presuming this time starts on 1st January and I will have to reach Ireland or UK before 31st March, would I be fined if due to Covid I did not feel safe to travel until April?
If it is your decision not to travel the probably Yes. If there are travel restrictions in countries enroute then probably Not. But even if you are not fined there will be consequences.

Either travel before the deadline, or fly home and come back later to get your vehicle.

Last edited:
Not sure why you don’t feel safe travelling, iffy using your van as your accommodation, with sensible precautions you are unlikely to expose urself too much

Not sure why you don’t feel safe travelling, iffy using your van as your accommodation, with sensible precautions you are unlikely to expose urself too much
Original post was 9 months ago.

Travelling to Belgium and Germany, do they have the/an equivalent of the French app that recognises the NHS QR code?

I can’t find anything online and it seems as if the EU COVID app flags an error?

Discuss.

I have to travel with the issued NHS certificate as military medical records don’t port across onto it he App, I will be waving my bit of paper at everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from UK Gov regarding France change to booster requirement

The French Government has announced that from 15 December, those who are 65 and over and who have been fully vaccinated for more than six months and five weeks will need to demonstrate that they have received an approved COVID-19 booster injection in order to access the “pass sanitaire” in France. We will update this page with further information when it becomes available.
)

Back