Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

International Travel 2021.

The vaccine reduces the likelihood of developing C19, if you do catch it, it reduces symptomatic C19, and if you get symptomatic C19 it reduces the risk of hospitalisation.
The latest data also suggests that the risk of transmitting the virus is also reduced if you are vaccinated.

I moved Eurotunnel tickets from Easter 2020 to a voucher and then from a voucher to August 2021. Now they won’t change them back to a voucher. They say the T&Cs changed when I got new tickets.
A royal pain.

I moved Eurotunnel tickets from Easter 2020 to a voucher and then from a voucher to August 2021. Now they won’t change them back to a voucher. They say the T&Cs changed when I got new tickets.
A royal pain.
I've still got c.700 eur of Easyjet vouchers from April '20. Got to use them or lose them this year iirc.

Unless things change drastically, I’ve now definitely abandoned any hope of going to France this year. Even though it’s allowed, it’s just too much of a pain and too restrictive once there.

From May 17, France will be on the amber list, meaning that those who choose to travel to France will have to quarantine upon their return to the UK.
If you do travel to an amber listed country, you must self-isolate for 10 days, unless you receive a negative result from a test taken at least five days after arrival.
You’ll also have to take a pre-departure test, plus Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests on both day two and day eight of your arrival in the UK.
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has said that leisure travel to amber countries isn’t recommended.
Should you indeed travel to France, you must make sure your insurance covers you in case the Covid status changes or you become ill whilst you are in the country.

Will I need to quarantine on arrival in France?
Travelers arriving in France are currently required to self-isolate for seven days on arrival, and must have a negative test result at the end of their self-isolation period.
While you are in France and out of self-isolation, you will have you will have to adhere to the current lockdown restrictions in place.
This includes a national curfew from 7pm to 6am, while outdoor gatherings of more than six people are not permitted, and wearing face masks in enclosed public spaces and on public transport is compulsory.
In the whole of France, restaurants, bars and cafes remain closed, along with cinemas, theatres, museums and sport venues.
Thanks for your detailed appraisal of the French situation. We were due to go at the end of June and have now got the villa owner to offer a refund ( 2000 € held since 2019) Felt like it’s too much hassle to go. I also think uk Gov will want to keep the floodgates closed on ferry travel to France and Holland for the Summer. It keeps down what some holiday makers will bring back with them.

Tests is too much hassle.
I find it amazing how many times I’ve read the UK, French & Spanish rules with no mention of kids.
Do not think people go on holiday with kids. My daughter is 11. Does she need a test?
Just too much hassle.

I find it amazing how many times I’ve read the UK, French & Spanish rules with no mention of kids.
Do not think people go on holiday with kids. My daughter is 11. Does she need a test?
Just too much hassle.
Yes.

I'm keeping a keen eye on road travel back to UK via France as mentioned elsewhere. Have not booked any tickets yet, but likely I need to be in UK before end of June. As it firms up and I make the trip, I'll report back!

I think that the colour reviews are tri-weekly. Though I guess any country could be moved to red immediately.
Hasn't been done up to now.
Always seem to give at least 4 days notice and generate a rush to beat the deadline as seen recently with the Indian situation.

Just too much hassle.
What with the politics and the virus, why does anyone want to go into the EU? If one has business then fine, otherwise chill out stop the stress and stay put.

Just too much hassle.

We all (2 adults and 2 kids 6 & 7) have a test once a month as part of the ONS study. It is really very quick and easy. The boys swab their own noses, and we’ve been told they don’t need to swab their tonsils.

It seems Brittany Ferreis are seriously considering a direct route from the UK to Portugal so if you really must go abroad this may be the answer.

And the Welsh Administration are advising against all but essential foreign travel this summer.
Perversely, I agree with them on this.

Not so fast Borris, another 6.5 months to go! :thumb
Yes but those places we would like to go to will be over subscribed and no doubt be subject to many covid restrictions. We'd rather wait until things settle down.

Ferry to France booked in July for 4 weeks trip.
Can change booking if need arises.

Bit different to most people as have a house to go to and will need most of the time trying to restore order to garden as it'll be 9 months of neglect by then.

Wouldn't have been going on holiday with public accommodation.

Back