Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cup holder??!

Gavin123

Gavin123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi
Can anyone shed any light on what this cup holder is doing behind the bench seat? Seems completely inaccessible! Am I missing something?
AAD42853-F84B-4964-B17E-EDC2C1A6CAB3.jpeg

Yes you are missing something ....
The fact a Cali is build on a caravelle base ;)

Last edited:
That cup holder is of no use while the seat is in the forward position, as HC says that panel is lifted directly from a Caravelle.
Caravelle generally do not have the multiflex board as standard, thefore th seat generally sits further back and provides access to the holder / 12v socket

It's a handy place to charge phone or plug awning lights in

Hi
Can anyone shed any light on what this cup holder is doing behind the bench seat? Seems completely inaccessible! Am I missing something?
View attachment 61777

If you take the stop out of the near side floor rail you can get the bench seat back far enough to actually get a cup/can in there. Still a reasonable amount of room remaining at the rear fir everyday use.

If you take the stop out of the near side floor rail you can get the bench seat back far enough to actually get a cup/can in there. Still a reasonable amount of room remaining at the rear fir everyday use.
I've never looked but is it easy to remove the stops out of the rail? Are there any negative effects when you want to travel with the the seat further forward?

For times when we don't need to carry so much and sleep upstairs it would be good to have more living room space.

I've never looked but is it easy to remove the stops out of the rail? Are there any negative effects when you want to travel with the the seat further forward?

For times when we don't need to carry so much and sleep upstairs it would be good to have more living room space.
As far as my T6 is concerned, there was only 1 stop. That was on the near side rail towards the rear. If you look into the rail between the rubber strips you will see a large flat headed screw. If you undo that a little it releases a lozenge shaped piece of metal that can ‘gently’ be pulled out of the rail. It is quite fiddly but it will come out with the aid of some long nosed pliers. You can then position the bench seat as far back as you like. It frees up about 12” of floor space and has no negative effects on moving the seat further forward. We previously owned a Bilbo’s LWB and the usable floor space is now similar to that. There are some previous threads on the matter.

As far as my T6 is concerned, there was only 1 stop. That was on the near side rail towards the rear. If you look into the rail between the rubber strips you will see a large flat headed screw. If you undo that a little it releases a lozenge shaped piece of metal that can ‘gently’ be pulled out of the rail. It is quite fiddly but it will come out with the aid of some long nosed pliers. You can then position the bench seat as far back as you like. It frees up about 12” of floor space and has no negative effects on moving the seat further forward. We previously owned a Bilbo’s LWB and the usable floor space is now similar to that. There are some previous threads on the matter.
Thnks for replying, Jodalo.

I have taken the front stop out and the rear stop, so the bench can run the full length of the track, or we can stick a 5th seat in the front and have it almost between the driver and passenger's seat - which our little one calls the "bosses chair"...

Out of interest has anybody found a small bluetooth speaker that fits in this space without getting in the way of the bench being moved?

Out of interest has anybody found a small bluetooth speaker that fits in this space without getting in the way of the bench being moved?

This one might fit:

We use one of these Sony Bluetooth speakers. Charged by USB and nice sound quality. Also pretty loud !

967A6D71-96F0-4FB7-A156-B0E4BBE2754D.jpeg

7700E53A-2D78-4DAA-AD7C-DA0AC1664F76.png

One of these also fits perfectly .....comes in many different colours and a hook to hang from.

Screenshot_20200723-211050.png

Back