Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cupboard repair

D

Dedee

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have a friends T5 on borrow and I have torn the back cupboard so that it is pulling apart. I live on an island so needing to plan my trip into VW for repair. Any idea whether it is a replacement or repair? Anyone else had this problem as I had hardly given it a tug.

It will be a new door about £80 from vw you could do a temporary fix by using
Silver duct tape

IMG_0658.JPG

Yes thought as much cheers ...do they give way easily? Seems as though they are pretty delicate.

yes looking at the thread that is for sure...will try putting the tape on the inside as a temporary fix as it will probably need a part bought in from Germany as NZ rarely keeps stock of stuff like this.

Taped mine together with duck tape inside about three years ago still going strong.

As the Tambor door rolls up and is relatively light, would your dealer ship it to you?

It is an easy job to remove the two stops top and bottom of the opening, slide out the old one and slide in the new one, then replace the stops. Takes about 5 minutes. That is the best way to do the temporary repair too.

Alan

Yes thought as much cheers ...do they give way easily? Seems as though they are pretty delicate.
This happened to our old van just a very thin bead of superglue, making sure it doesn't drip off bottom, the gel one is best. It has to be done from inside you will see how it slots together. Worked a treat.

Back