Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer fit lowering springs

Kevin, you are possibly right. It may be slightly darker?
I know the sports pack comes with the Z2C glass upgrade, but think it might be restricted to just the laminated cab glass (acoustic benefit) and the tinted living area glass is the standard Ocean privacy double-glazing. Would like to know for sure though.

I know the sports pack comes with the Z2C glass upgrade, but think it might be restricted to just the laminated cab glass (acoustic benefit) and the tinted living area glass is the standard Ocean privacy double-glazing. Would like to know for sure though.
I guess it is what it is, it’s in the sports package, it looks good!

Don't forget you can get club discount on accessories from some VW dealers the springs come under that I got 10% off at Listers in Coventry

Also if you buy via DTD the discounted is reflected accordingly

I had the lowered springs fitted at my local dealer 3 years ago and was really pleased with the look plus the firmer ride and cornering , however it’s gone in for an mot and service, they found a rear spring is broken and even though I am still under warranty I am having to pay for the repair, I read the terms of the warranty and it looks like any upgrade is not covered by the factory warranty.

That's my favourite colour for a California.
I agree, but couldn't justify the price. Ive gone Ascot grey, but wonder whether a metallic green lower half wrap might suit it. I've never been convinced Bay Leaf Green is the perfect green. I might look back at historic greens...thoughts welcome!

I agree, but couldn't justify the price. Ive gone Ascot grey, but wonder whether a metallic green lower half wrap might suit it. I've never been convinced Bay Leaf Green is the perfect green. I might look back at historic greens...thoughts welcome!

I have to agree on the green, but some might say me ordering a Bay Leaf Green van that I may be bias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ascot Grey

There have been some issues with the VW fitted Eibach 30mm lowering springs in that it seems that at least in some vehicles it results in the back of the van appear to 'sag' !! Eibach and VW have subseqeuntly obtained TUV approval for just fitting the lowering springs to the front axle and leaving the original springs on the back axle which keeps the van more 'level'. Your VW dealer should be aware of this, if not ask them to contact VW Technical who most certainly are. It does seem however that some people who have the lowering springs fitted both front and back have been happy with them !?
Fitting lowering springs only to the front, or as some "sag" shops do only raising the rear, will make the higher cut front wheel arch gap look the same as the lower cut rear wheel arch gap, but will make the door sills, side body line, interior floor, table, bed and cooker slope down from back to front.

Last edited:
You could look at Bamboo Garden Green - the previous VW shade that was phased out. Slightly darker I believe. But with Ascot as your base colour I personally think Indium Grey would be the best lower half wrap. I considered this as an alternative, but in the end went for the factory option.

Fitting lowering springs only to the front, or as some "sag" shops do only raising the rear, will make the higher cut front wheel arch gap look the same as the lower cut rear wheel arch gap, but will make the door sills, side body line, interior floor, table, bed and cooker slope down from back to front.
Nope, I've checked all these on a perfectly level garage floor and they are all level, spot on.

I had the dealer fit lowering springs and found them to be fine, only problem I felt was when it was loaded up it sat on its ass so I put the standard springs back on the rear and found it sat perfect, slightly better ride and looked better

Did you wrap the awning in white to achieve this look? Also - what are those wheels. Love this combo
Hi there no as above WV original paintwork and BBS SX wheels

i had 30mm lower springs fitted by the Main Dealer before delivery. Asked for the original springs back and then sold them on eBay.

NOTE; ask the dealer to have the wheels 4 wheel laser aligned after fitting. They should do this after lowering but generally they just do a test drive after fitting to ensure steering wheel is centred correctly and van drives and brakes ok. However, 10k miles later you may find tyres have worn badly due to wheel misalignment.

I had the dealer fit 30mm sportline springs to my T6 and didn't like the ride, changed for coilovers and find the ride much better, rides the speeds bumps much better too, less crashy.

View attachment 81078
That looks a great stance - but do you get any ground clearance issues? My mudflaps often scrape speed bumps and occasionally the Sparesafe touches down on a sharp incline!

That looks a great stance - but do you get any ground clearance issues? My mudflaps often scrape speed bumps and occasionally the Sparesafe touches down on a sharp incline!
Mudflaps scrape as you describe on certain speed humps, never ground my sparesafe but maybe haven't been faced with a sharp incline.

You could look at Bamboo Garden Green - the previous VW shade that was phased out. Slightly darker I believe. But with Ascot as your base colour I personally think Indium Grey would be the best lower half wrap. I considered this as an alternative, but in the end went for the factory option.
@66tim99 just in case you haven’t seen the bamboo garden green. Not sure what it would look like in two tone.

E0C19144-7876-4A4F-BAF7-B52348900D25.jpeg

Back