Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealerships charging extra for Covid cleaning!

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just realised that I have been asked to pay £15 to cover the insurance on the courtesy van, I wonder if I have to pay an additional £12 to Covid clean that aswell!! :D

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just realised that I have been asked to pay £15 to cover the insurance on the courtesy van, I wonder if I have to pay an additional £12 to Covid clean that aswell!! :D
Check that your California Insurance doesn’t include cover for courtesy vehicles whilst your vehicle is undergoing repairs/service. Mine does. The Dealership just photocopies my Insurance certificate.

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Check that your California Insurance doesn’t include cover for courtesy vehicles whilst your vehicle is undergoing repairs/service. Mine does. The Dealership just photocopies my Insurance certificate.
Ok, cheers, I’m with Comfort but I believe it’s probably a standard non negotiable charge just so the dealer gets a few extra quid..

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Ok, cheers, I’m with Comfort but I believe it’s probably a standard non negotiable charge just so the dealer gets a few extra quid..
Never had a problem. They just want to ensure the vehicle is insured when in your possession .

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
You are paying to reduce the excess, is what I was told, you don’t want to know what the excess was without the charge!

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Wonder if they are quite so scrupulous about cleaning when you are buying?
I had a test drive in a couple of cars at a non VW dealer at the weekend and although they were being cautious and keeping distance etc they certainly weren’t swabbing down the car‘s interiors Or keys before or after my partner and I were in them. The test drive set up was fun though! We were allowed to take the cars on the dealers “dynamic test route” ... we had to follow the salesman who was driving the “pace car”. Sorry @soulstyledevon ..... went for the 718!:thumb:thumb
The GT4, spyder or new GTS...
Not one of the 4pots surely....?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
One way or another they will charge you. Whether it be a separate charge or a hidden uplift in labour charges.
True, thats the problem with itemised billing Many Years back a mate had his Merc serviced at a main agent and the bill showed the ridiculous charge for “wiping auto radio aerial”
The GT4, spyder or new GTS...
Not one of the 4pots surely....?
Afraid so!
Forgeting the less “dramatic” sound I found it an easier car to drive without needing to thrash it. The 981 had a few things that just didn’t add up, like the door plates, one “Boxster” the other “Boxster S”.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
True, thats the problem with itemised billing Many Years back a mate had his Merc serviced at a main agent and the bill showed the ridiculous charge for “wiping auto radio aerial”

Afraid so!
Forgeting the less “dramatic” sound I found it an easier car to drive without needing to thrash it. The 981 had a few things that just didn’t add up, like the door plates, one “Boxster” the other “Boxster S”.
Im sure you will enjoy it.
I take it you went for Boxster, by the above statement.
The 718 interior is the best around. Very nice place to be.
Enjoy :thumb