Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delay in shipping new Ocean from Germany

G

Gamellus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Guys,

We hoped to be the happy owner of new Ocean (and first camper van) in early October (having declined the offer to have it mid September) but we have been told that a batch of new Californias (including our order) are build but not being released from the factory. Not happy and we had to change our plans! They won't give a reason why. Have any of you heard of this issue or got any background? Thanks

Normally to do with emissions test approval delays. Some EU exemptions run out end September 2019.
My cali 199 was delayed around this time last year from October to December delivery

Who 's `They"? is it the dealer? which dealer?
Have you asked VW customer services?
BTW
Welcome from Bishopstoke.

Seems to be the same old story every year. Mine was delayed this time last year due to the emissions. Again it's more how VW communicate these delays to us excited consumers rather than the delay itself that is the problem.

Thanks all for the feedback and hints of the issue. Both the dealer (Preston) and VW customer services had no clarity on the reason for the delay or likely resolution. Hopefully nothing to do with the B word!

Glad to say we became the happy owner of the Ocean on Wednesday and clocked up a easy 250 miles!
Cool enjoy your new van
When did you order it if you don’t mind me asking cheers

Preston and the only issue was the delayed delivery. Guy at Preston was very helpful

Back