Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duo paint schemes no longer available?

I was in a dealer last Thursday with my Australian cousin who is looking to buy here and was told manual gearbox no longer available even though it may be on the configurator.
Gosh, got my order in just in time then! MY19 now delivered (July) with manual GBx and TT. Very happy :happy .

Hi Elmo, I don't know enough about the pros and cons of vinyl wrap to make what would be a rush decision in order to make the deadline for ordering tomorrow. We'll watch the used market and keep an eye on the 6.1. I just find it incredibly frustrating that this type of change happens after our decisions and deposit have been made and in such a way that main dealers don't see it coming.
If worried about wrapping then just look at HGV's Livery and Trailers with advertising, all wrapped. Stobart trucks start white then wrapped. Never see a tatty one.

If worried about wrapping then just look at HGV's Livery and Trailers with advertising, all wrapped. Stobart trucks start white then wrapped. Never see a tatty one.
Ive had one of my Cali's wrapped and posted pictures on this forum. Just have a look at my posts and you will find it. High quality job with no issues to date.

Thanks for replies ☺️ Ordering a white one today and will look at wrapping options later if we fancy it. Seem to be some nice options out there and inspired by the Austrian dealer that does their own special editions with wraps. If we didn't do it today then we'd likely be looking at a 6.1 and I can see that being a fairly hefty price hike over the deal we've got which means we may not do it at all and that's a lot of missed adventures! Any recommendations for a wrapping firm in the south? We're in Wokingham.

Great decision I reckon, congrats! We’ve gone from grey to white and after a month, we both prefer it. Really suits the Ocean and of course, could wrap it should we so desire.
Just one tip, spec it with mudflaps. Helps keep the white cleaner (or rather less dirty) and looks better as well.

Great decision I reckon, congrats! We’ve gone from grey to white and after a month, we both prefer it. Really suits the Ocean and of course, could wrap it should we so desire.
Just one tip, spec it with mudflaps. Helps keep the white cleaner (or rather less dirty) and looks better as well.
Mudflaps specced Reading dealer sorting it this morning

We considered a duo paint scheme but decided against, the dealer told us its a nice to have but when valued in PX would not be taken into account when valuing, not sure if this is true?

Also if you have it wrapped and decided in a few years you wanted a change, you can either remove or change the wrap colour for something different.

Daz...

We considered a duo paint scheme but decided against, the dealer told us its a nice to have but when valued in PX would not be taken into account when valuing, not sure if this is true?

Also if you have it wrapped and decided in a few years you wanted a change, you can either remove or change the wrap colour for something different.

Daz...

Completely agree. Looks great but really narrows your market come resale (if that’s of any concern). The wrap also protects the paintwork!

Daz...
I wonder how many people actually PX their Californias?

Whilst there's absolutely nothing wrong with using this neat and easy way to sell, any dealer PX offer will in most cases, be lower than could be realistically achieved through a private sale. My experience is as your dealer has suggested, the value of factory options doesn't tend to be reflected that much in dealer PX offers. However, you can bet your boots it will be when they come to re-sell it.

When it comes to selling a duo colour California privately, I suspect there will be people who will be prepaired to pay extra for their favourite sometimes rare colour scheme. Of course I don't know this for certain but will find out in a few years time when I come to advertise our yet to be delivered duo colour.

Thanks for replies ☺️ Ordering a white one today and will look at wrapping options later if we fancy it. Seem to be some nice options out there and inspired by the Austrian dealer that does their own special editions with wraps. If we didn't do it today then we'd likely be looking at a 6.1 and I can see that being a fairly hefty price hike over the deal we've got which means we may not do it at all and that's a lot of missed adventures! Any recommendations for a wrapping firm in the south? We're in Wokingham.
Good decision. Do look at the 'edition' models for inspiration, with their subtle but sporty graphics at the bottom and bits of wrap on the roof. I love them.

Good decision. Do look at the 'edition' models for inspiration, with their subtle but sporty graphics at the bottom and bits of wrap on the roof. I love them.
:thumb Was the edition models that caught my eye in the first instance. Just not been able to find any to buy...so we'll make our own!

Hmm, quite fancy the edition decals. Does anyone know the best place to source them?

Hmm, quite fancy the edition decals. Does anyone know the best place to source them?
I think any decent 'wrapper' (not rapper lol) could do the roof bit of you can show them clear photos. I think the whole length of the roof is black on the edition, as well as the front spoiler bit. I'd just do the first foot.
The club side decals linked above are a good start too. I'm sure ebay has folk doing variations on the them if they are not quite what you want.

I think any decent 'wrapper' (not rapper lol) could do the roof bit of you can show them clear photos. I think the whole length of the roof is black on the edition, as well as the front spoiler bit. I'd just do the first foot.
The club side decals linked above are a good start too. I'm sure ebay has folk doing variations on the them if they are not quite what you want.

Just do the first foot? What about when the roof is up or do you just mean the front roof cap?

Screenshot_20190903-162256_Gallery.jpg

Just do the first foot? What about when the roof is up or do you just mean the front roof cap?

View attachment 49823
Good point. Wasn't thinking logically (reflection on how little I've camped this year!)
Part of my logic reflected the slight worry that black vans are more of a heat sink in high temps, buts let's not restart that debate :)

Back