Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deposit paid - 2008 Cali

But one thing I noticed about the video was that it looked like they were raising the roof with the windows and doors closed.

When you collect it, pop down to Parkgate for first stop, great place for chips and/or ice cream with a view!

Looks like the driver's window is open to me...

Hadn't realised it was in Neston! I grew up in Eastham :D

Deposit has just been paid on a 2008 2.5 (174) tiptronic Cali.

View attachment 42017 View attachment 42017 View attachment 42018 View attachment 42019 View attachment 42020 View attachment 42021 View attachment 42022

Trading in N Reg T4 Reimo van that's been with us for 4.5 years & we've loved using him for trips around UK, South of France & the Nordics.
Looking fwd to having Airbags, AirCon & ABS!!

Cali looks very well maintained from remote viewing & chatting with dealership.
Need to physically get up to see the van asap now, but not expecting any issues.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom/advice when I see her in the flesh?
I'll be testing all the habitation equipment out & kicking the tyres as best as I can.
I know it's not got an awning, but at 6'8" tall, I don't like awnings!!
The only thing that appears to be missing is the remote heating controller?
Spoiler will force a towbar to be fitted for the bikes.

Roll on next week.

Next Challenge - the name! The old T4 was called Popeye (Popeye the Campervan, sung in the same tune as Popeye the Sailor man.)
My choice would be Bluto - to keep in the theme, but I've been told no.
Had our 2008 174 from new done 139k miles, probably 100k purely on holidays in Europe and beyond - even been to the Ukraine!
Our is called Violet Winifred - after my wife’s mother who’s inheritance paid for the van - thought it was a sign from God to buy a VW California!
Enjoy your ownership years, we certainly have

I have a 2008 174bhp for the last 10 years, bought when the car market collapsed at a great price. Now 90k miles. I had the stub shaft fail 2 years ago and last year drive shaft fail. Should have had both done at the same time when the Stub shaft failed. Worth checking for any play in the stub, Common problem. but mine is chipped as well, which may not have helped it last as long as other may.

Just fitted new exhaust this month, last 4 years had advisory on back box corrosion when it goes for MOT., worth checking for that age of vehicle. Didn’t want take chance of misses stuck by the side of the road with an exhaust hanging off. Fitted a twin pipe from pptuning. Concerned it would make more noise , hardly any difference from inside or when outside.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad