Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

diesel in watertank

Debcel

Debcel

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone ever, whilst daydreaming, put diesel into the water tank and if so what did you use to clean the water tank? Fortunately, the water tank had been left open to drain so the diesel went right through.

Last edited:
Has been mentiont before , but was quite some time ago...
Do we have a winnner....?

I guess cleaning sevral times would work but i think the smell/ taste will be hard to get rid off .
How many diesel got in?

Use things like this
http://www.memo-europe.nl/en/diesolan

Last edited:
I think that's a tough one.

I don't drink out of the water tank so for me it's easy, flush and flush and flush and then afterwards use nice smelly stuff with whatever water you use from the tank. If it's to drink, well, it will go eventually but I have had to live with diesel-tainted drinking water before and ended up throwing the tank away (a 20 litre portable free-standing).

My friends wife did this on their motohome and not matter what they tried they could not get rid of the taste so the only option was to replace the water tank

Has anyone ever, whilst daydreaming, put diesel into the water tank and if so what did you use to clean the water tank? Fortunately, the water tank had been left open to drain so the diesel went right through.
So what happened in the end? Although seeing you posted on April 1st was it an April Fools Joke?

Good find.:thumb
This really works, we used it with 100% success. gave it two treatments, rinsed it loads beforehand. It was stinking after about 20 rinses but after using this there was not a trace left behind.

Back