Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disconnecting leisure battery

G

GrandCalif911

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello everybody,

As I don't use the GC for now, and as I cannot charge the battery outside of my house, I wondered if it was a good idea to disconnect the leisure battery so it is not discharging during that time ?
Anyone of you do that ?

thanks !
Alex

Hello everybody,

As I don't use the GC for now, and as I cannot charge the battery outside of my house, I wondered if it was a good idea to disconnect the leisure battery so it is not discharging during that time ?
Anyone of you do that ?

thanks !
Alex
Yep just turn off the main isolator switch in the electrical cupboard. I always do this when ours is in storage..

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Is it the big red switch ?
No problem when you switch it back after a few weeks ? Some cars dont like to switch on/off the battery and then problems occur such as messages on the dashboard, functionalities not working anymore, etc. But maybe the Grand California was better designed in that aera...

Is it the big red switch ?
No problem when you switch it back after a few weeks ? Some cars dont like to switch on/off the battery and then problems occur such as messages on the dashboard, functionalities not working anymore, etc. But maybe the Grand California was better designed in that aera...
It’s fine to leave off. It’s just an isolator switch. It doesn’t disconnect everything from the leisure battery but the majority of the consumers will be isolated.

Back