Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Discover Media Pro Sat Nav

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I have looked in the manual and have played with the system but I just cannot seem to find how to select different route types in the Discover Media Pro - i.e. Fastest/Shortest

It must be there somewhere, can anybody help?

I don’t think you can, it showed the choice of three routes on the map once You’ve entered the destination.

I was told off on here recently for not reading the manual on this exact issue. There was no description of the 3 colours in the T6 (2016) and also not in the T6.1 (2021). I don’t have the ‘Pro’ version.
In my view the Tomtom I had in other vehicle was far superior and more easy to ‘navigate’ (pun intended).
Whilst it’s a pain for you @GrumpyGranddad I at least feel that I’m not the only one struggling to work this out. Especially when about to start towing the Eriba and needing a reliable route…

I don’t think you can, it showed the choice of three routes on the map once You’ve entered the destination.
Thank @andyinluton tried that and you’re right. Not too impressed with the system though. Got taken down a VERY narrow lane on the way back from Cheddar recently. No realistic way of spotting that on the small scale map display when initially selecting the route.

I was told off on here recently for not reading the manual on this exact issue. There was no description of the 3 colours in the T6 (2016) and also not in the T6.1 (2021). I don’t have the ‘Pro’ version.
In my view the Tomtom I had in other vehicle was far superior and more easy to ‘navigate’ (pun intended).
Whilst it’s a pain for you @GrumpyGranddad I at least feel that I’m not the only one struggling to work this out. Especially when about to start towing the Eriba and needing a reliable route…
Hear Hear

Back