Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

"Discover Media PRO"

Sometimes I like google maps in the centre for spotting beaches etc combined with VW maps showing the roads. At other times just bombing up & down the M6 I just want basic maps showing where the traffic is.
View attachment 86817
Do you have a protector on there Andy?

Waze via car play is the way forward for me. What’s the VW system like for rerouting you if there’s an accident a few miles up the road? Or warning you about a broken down lorry or lump of retread in the carriageway?

Waze was supposedly illegal in France but I think it’s ok now since they reworded the speed trap warnings to just say “police”
Been using Waze recently and quite like it. Even got notification of a pothole yesterday :)

Been using Waze recently and quite like it. Even got notification of a pothole yesterday :)
Yeah I feel like it’s exponentially better the more people use it - it’s not great here in Spain - fewer users so less reporting of hazards, although the speed limit and radar warnings still work fine. Over the border it’s brilliant though.

Yeah I feel like it’s exponentially better the more people use it - it’s not great here in Spain - fewer users so less reporting of hazards, although the speed limit and radar warnings still work fine. Over the border it’s brilliant though.
Yes @bob_summers it’s the same with the ‘Saphe Drive Mini’, the more users the better.

France is another place where Waze works really well, especially for notifications of speed radars and ad-hoc police checks (which are everywhere). All the young ones use it - it’s the “cool” app to use if you’re in your twenties.

Question - t6.1 Discover Media Pro users.

In the Navigation address input screen the globe (bottom left) on my screen is grey not white. (Looks white in the photo but is grey) Is this the same on yours?

5F09626C-852D-4190-B545-19736653D587.jpeg

France is another place where Waze works really well, especially for notifications of speed radars and ad-hoc police checks (which are everywhere). All the young ones use it - it’s the “cool” app to use if you’re in your twenties.
It’s owned by Google.

Yes I've started using it by default now, as the journey times/routes seem to be as intelligent as Google (funny that) but the local reporting of hazards including parked police cars, speed cameras and potholes etc, along with the emojis for other Waze users takes years off me - makes it feel like a video game :thumb

Back