Dodgy or not?

ChrisB

ChrisB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi,

Do we have any Dutch members who can assist

In the last 24 hours I came across an advert on the Spanish (autotrader type) website that offered a 2016 beach T6 for sale at 44900 euros. The actual advert contained only 2 images and no seller information. I responded and within 12 hours I got a reply, offering the vehicle at a reduced price of 40410 euros.

Vehicle:
2016 T6 Beach 150cv 4 motion with under 10k on the clock and lots of knobs bells & whistles such as park pilot, towbar etc.

The asking price is 40410 euos, includes delivery to Spain with all transport fees, taxes, registration etc paid.
The company state that the vehicle is a leasehold reclaim and the price reflects the debt owed.

They will transport the vehicle to Spain for a 30 day evaluation on temporary plates and issue a 30 day insurance cover note. I can then have the vehicle examined and if I am satisfied, then I can buy the vehicle.

However, they are asking for a 10% up front payment to 'legalize our sale-purchase agreement.'

Everything the company has stated on the email seems good, if not 'too good to be true' and that has my alarm bells ringing.

So, has anyone come across this company or this type of sales pitch before? All info' will be gratefully received.

The company is:

ABC Autos
Havenstratt 11A, 1948,NP
Beverwijk, Netherlands.

They quote a chamber of commerce number 3451653

Thanks in advance

Chris

Keep well away would be my gut feeling. Why offer a reduction just on an enquiry. Feels like they are trying to reel you IMO.

I've got this mate in Nigeria, prince as it happens. He's a bit strapped for cash at the moment.

Can I give him your details ?

Hi,

In the last 24 hours I came across an advert on the Spanish (autotrader type) website that offered a 2016 beach T6 for sale at 44900 euros. The actual advert contained only 2 images and no seller information. I responded and within 12 hours I got a reply, offering the vehicle at a reduced price of 40410 euros.

Vehicle:
2016 T6 Beach 150cv 4 motion with under 10k on the clock and lots of knobs bells & whistles such as park pilot, towbar etc.

The asking price is 40410 euos, includes delivery to Spain with all transport fees, taxes, registration etc paid.
The company state that the vehicle is a leasehold reclaim and the price reflects the debt owed.

They will transport the vehicle to Spain for a 30 day evaluation on temporary plates and issue a 30 day insurance cover note. I can then have the vehicle examined and if I am satisfied, then I can buy the vehicle.

However, they are asking for a 10% up front payment to 'legalize our sale-purchase agreement.'

Everything the company has stated on the email seems good, if not 'too good to be true' and that has my alarm bells ringing.

So, has anyone come across this company or this type of sales pitch before? All info' will be gratefully received.

The company is:

ABC Autos
Havenstratt 11A, 1948,NP
Beverwijk, Netherlands.

Thanks in advance

Chris

It's a scam.

Company name exists but at a diffrent adres...
http://abcautos.nl/

Are you looking to import a Cali to Spain ....always thought Spain had cheaper prices than the rest of europe....
Or are you just at this time browsing from Spain as the Spanisch flag is on your avatar
Fill in your details so we know where you are from.

agree has the ring of a scam, why risk it.

seems good, if not 'too good to be true' and that has my alarm bells ringing.

if it is too good to be true it often is.

Company name exists but at a diffrent adres...
http://abcautos.nl/

Are you looking to import a Cali to Spain ....always thought Spain had cheaper prices than the rest of europe....
Or are you just at this time browsing from Spain as the Spanisch flag is on your avatar
Fill in your details so we know where you are from.
I am British, but I live in Spain. How do I upload more info onto the avatar?
Unfortunately, once taxes and the rubbish exchange rate etc are applied, the UK/Spain prices are not too different. Second hand prices in Spain are outrageous. I am not happy with the deal so I won't be buying from Holland. So itg looks like I am back to my original order for a new 2018 ocean at 62k.

If you have to ask, it's usually a scam

@Chris B , seems you found out how to put your location,....to the avatar :thumb

Do you want a LHD recent T6 beach ?
Need to be 4motion?

Hi,

Vehicle:

The company is:

ABC Autos
Havenstratt 11A, 1948,NP
Beverwijk, Netherlands.

Thanks in advance

Chris

I nearly fell for something that sounds similar, before buying mine. The offer was almost (but not quite) too good to be true. The story was that the owner had travelled to Spain with his Cali but had then decided to stay permanently. He said that prices for right-hand-drive vehicles in Spain were poor, therefore he was expecting to sell to a UK buyer but would pay for shipping back to the UK. The full purchase money would be held in a secure Google Wallet account and would be released to the seller only when I had inspected and approved. Everything seemed to check out with the vehicle - VIN etc. It did exist. However the seller became evasive when I suggested flying out to have a look at it and it was then that I tried pasting a section of the advert's wording into Google and found several unhappy reports from people who had been cheated by other almost identically worded adverts for expensive, nearly new high-end vehicles (BMWs, Mercedes etc). Of course the money deposited in the Google Wallet accounts could be accessed by the fraudster immediately and would be seen again. A comfortable living for someone - if they could successfully repeat the exercise a few times a year, even if they only get away with the 10% deposit each time.

Back