Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Double duvet or sleeping bags??

P

piglet

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Good morning to all,
A quick question- what would you advise- double duvet or sleeping bags for the Cali?
I was thinking about getting sleeping bags that squish down into tiny bags when not using but not sure.
Husband wants double duvet.

very much a personal choice but I'm much happier and comfortable with a duvet.

I kicked off with sleeping bags but just couldn't get comfortable. I'm a wriggler and quickly found myself tied up in knots in one, and besides, I couldn't hang my toes out from under the covers with a sleeping bag :shocked

Good morning to all,
A quick question- what would you advise- double duvet or sleeping bags for the Cali?
I was thinking about getting sleeping bags that squish down into tiny bags when not using but not sure.
Husband wants double duvet.
Best king sized down duvet you can afford, quite small when rolled and fitted with a restraining strap, cosy and not restricting.

We have the Outwell Camper Lux Double Sleeping Bag as it also provides an extra topper to the comfort mattress and Mrs Loz feels the cold so no chance of the cover being dragged off me in the night :)
Zips apart so it can be washed and dried easily at home.

very much a personal choice but I'm much happier and comfortable with a duvet.

I kicked off with sleeping bags but just couldn't get comfortable. I'm a wriggler and quickly found myself tied up in knots in one, and besides, I couldn't hang my toes out from under the covers with a sleeping bag :shocked
Yeah that's my worry - I tend to wriggle around and like you like to stick my trotters out of bed so think I'll stick to a duvet.
Thank you for the advice.

Duvet! Try getting out of a sleeping bag in the roof bed in the middle of the night for a wee without disturbing your partner.

Went from Duvet which is easier to double sleeping bag. Gives an added layer of padding and keeps my toes warm. Slightly harder to get in and out of, but nice big zips make it easier.

Mike

We don't use bags on our bed at home, so I've never considered using them in the van.

Hungarian goose-down 13.5 tog double duvet for winter, and a lighter one for summer with a spare blanket on hand if we get a really cold night. What else do you need?

A good down summer duvet, folded in half lengthways, can be left in the roof cavity.
With the Brandrup Iso-top liner permanently fitted I would not chance it but a good suggestion for a standard roof. I have found that the standard double duvet to be too short, you end up with a fight between cold feet or a chilly head, a continental double would work but difficult to find off the shelf.

We were using a double sleeping bag, but after reading about Ikea single size duvets in another thread we have now switched to a pair of them. The single size (200cm x 150cm) fits the upper bed really well and with the combination we chose of a 4 tog and a 7.5 tog we are covered for most conditions. If warm sleep on top of the 7.5 tog with the 4 tog as duvet, if cooler the other way around. If really cold and the heater isn't enough put them together. If really hot, sleep on top of both and just use the duvet cover. Simples