Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

sleeping bags or duvet

John

John

VIP Member
Originalpost smithy

For and against please?

Sleeping bags give more room while driving but duvet is more comfy.

Duvelay is an option but maybe in the future

Original post henchard

I'm sure you'll get a dozen different answers. Here's our arrangement for the bottom bed

Foam topper (not memory foam which gets too warm/sweaty IMHO) in a liner on top of bed then single sleeping bag inner sheets with a Tesco value double duvet on top.

huey3.jpg

Original post Chris

To add our set up.
Bottom ( sleep on ) , Single duvet cover with memory foam (£40 ebay ) with a single duvet on top. Easy to role away and we have the coolest duvet cover ever, and sits on the parcel shelf all summer when not in use.
Top ( cover ) Summer a 4 tog double, winter a 10 tog double duvet with cover.

Problem with double sleeping bags is always an air gap between myself and girlfriend. Sleeping bags are a pain. I get a chilly....... neck.

Original post californiaman

We tend to stay "downstairs" and use a memory foam topper and quilt... (or quilts in the depths of winter!!)

Original post Ewan

For our family Duvalays suit us all - very comfortable and convenient, if a little bulkier than other options. The duvets are attached so don't slip off (which I hate!) and nowhere near as restrictive as sleeping bags (which the kids hate!). We've found the 'summer' weight duvet fine upstairs and downstairs in January.

Original post v3rn - Nic & Helena

We have cheaper summer weight duvets for when it's warm and lovely goose down double duvets for the winter. We use single duvet covers as sheets, just slip in the mattress from upstairs and the topper from downstairs.

Original post grahamwise

Downstairs for adults: Argos memory foam mattress topper in a cut down double duvet cover and double duvet.
Upstairs for kids: single sleeping bags. With additional blankets/duvet over as season requires.

Original post Chris

Thanks for the ideas, im off to buy some new duvets and cool covers

Original post Chris

I wanted a sponge bob duvet cover but was veto'd by Girlfriend.

Kids_Duvet_Set_Transportation_by_Dwell_Studio.jpg

Original post wingate

We have a couple of down sleeping bags from Black's. We have just started using silk liners now we are in winter, adds a few degrees and keeps the bags clean. (Millets) We use them upstairs and downstairs on the standard mattresses.

I am asking myself the same question as a new-to-be Cali owner. You can get down double sleeping bags which pack down really well since space is limited (see example below) so at the moment I am undecided.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/lakeview-dbl-p179124

Q. Can you leave a duvet in place even when the roof is lowered (rather than taking it down and storing it somewhere downstairs) ?

Me again Mark!

No there isn't room to leave the duvet in place when the roof's down - but we do leave it in place when camped and out of (the upstairs) bed in the morning when we want the extra headroom through elevating the sleeping platform. Which is nice!

A pair of goose down sleeping bags with some nice john lewis pillows.

Sleeping bag haters here....and we have two coming as extras!! (pressie for my lad!)

We are hoping, and by the look of this thread it'll be OK, to use two quilts. In our caravan we would have one winter and one summer quilt where one would be the "matress toppers" and the other over us. We'd alternate dependant on the season. These we would either stuff into compression bags or fold onto the rear shelf.

Duvet only Cali here, when friends come they are banned from bringing sleeping bags, "its not a bleedin tent" we tell them.