Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Exped XXL dry sacs as compression beddings bags

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
I know there's lots of threads about duvets vs. sleeping bags but we prefer the comfort of a duvet but miss the extra packing space we have when taking sleeping bags. We've recently bought 2 exped XXL 40L dry sacs and they fit our double 13.5 tog duck down duvet and double 9 tog down duvets perfectly without it feeling like a battle to get them in. The lovely thing about them is that if you sit on the bag whilst rolling up the opening it acts as a compression bag and also keeps the bedding dry and clean from those last minute items that inevitably get thrown in as you depart.

The photo doesn't show how flat they are but you can see them next to a laundry basket to give a rough idea of packed size.

IMG_20150320_190404.jpg

Great idea, I Iike these tips & tricks :thumb

I gave up putting the sleepingbags in the sac every time , just fold it up and lay it on the rear shelf ...much easyer

Last edited:
I have a 70l exped stuff bag,

Like Wim,

Lazy, no need to stuff, just keeps it dry, but then I travel solo most of the time so not short of space.

I like the "sit and stuff" idea.

I agree, quite often leave then out as it airs them as well. Just depends how much other stuff we have in the back.

I use plastic Vacuum Pack bags for my 2 All-Season duvets, 1 4.5 tog and the other 9 tog. I then vacuum the bags with my 12 v rechargeable vacuum cleaner. Then both fit in the drawer easily.

Back