Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drawers under the sink

pirat

pirat

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Something to work at in the coming long dark autumn afternoons:

I bought this stuff at IKEA's, partslist is in my gallery.

There is no drilling into the furniture to fix it, it stays put all by itself. All you neeed is 2 pieces of wood 50/50/450 mm and 2 pieces of wood 45/32/450 mm. (I covered them with grey foil)
You just fix the 3 slide rails in the distance you prefer to each of the two wooden pole-sets and place the two sets in the cupboard, the larger ones go to the right side. Then you slide the drawers in and everything sits rattle-free in place.

have fun
pirat

P1010908 (Custom).JPG P1010906 (Custom).JPG

This looks excellent - thinking about stealing the idea. You said you'd put the parts list in the gallery, but haven't managed to track it down.

Love the camping pictures in your gallery too

Excellent work pirat, you have some really good & practical mods in your cali.

This looks excellent - thinking about stealing the idea. You said you'd put the parts list in the gallery, but haven't managed to track it down.

Go to the second photo of the drawers & scroll down to the bottom, or ....

RATIONELL
Full extension, with deep shock, silver
Width: 35.5 cm
Depth: 35 cm
Height: 13.5 cm
Article number: 301.101.63
1 + £21
Depth: 35 cm
Height: 8 cm
Article number: 601.101.66
2 + £17 = £34

RATIONELL
Front to extract silver,
Width: 35.5 cm
Frame, width: 40 cm
Height: 15 cm
Article number: 001.300.92
1 + £5

RATIONELL
Drawer front, silver,
Width: 40 cm
Article number: 801.300.93
2 + £4

Anyone considering doing this mod the parts from Ikea alone weigh 11.7 Kgs so it will add at least 12 Kgs to the already heavy N/S of the Cali. I am having a rethink on this one, having already bought the drawers !

Andy said:
Anyone considering doing this mod the parts from Ikea alone weigh 11.7 Kgs so it will add at least 12 Kgs to the already heavy N/S of the Cali. I am having a rethink on this one, having already bought the drawers !

I thought it was a good idea.

Are the drawer bases 18mm MDF? Most of the weight is probably there. As they aren't going to be loaded with heavy pots and pans, perhaps a lightweight plyboard would be better.

Andy said:

That's ok Andy - I could do with loosing 12kg so if I do the Cali will weigh the same :lol:

Are the drawer bases 18mm MDF? Most of the weight is probably there. As they aren't going to be loaded with heavy pots and pans, perhaps a lightweight plyboard would be better.

No I think a lot of it is metal.

That's ok Andy - I could do with loosing 12kg so if I do the Cali will weigh the same

Good idea, I'll go on a crash diet then it'll be OK. .... oh wait a minute diets never work for me, too many temptations !!

Back