Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving in the crisis

Now if all pedestrians and cyclists would use that very difficult method, there woul be much less accidents. Now pedestrians and cyclists just cross the road in front of anyone (car, bike, pedestrian) without looking.

Once, a Mercedes loaded with 4 70+ aged people turned over and stopped just near the cycleway. I held my foot ready to push the door over it's turning point. My guess was right, as I passed the car, the door went open. Luckily for the owner of the car, the passenger saw me at the last moment, not opening the door far enough for me to push the door over with my foot.

Anyway, we were talking about speed...
Thought you meant 'turned over' - upside down lol

View attachment 57886

No idea who this plonker is/was !!
So, a photograph which could be anywhere anytime and a plonker whoever he/she, is/was. Seems like the curtains are a twitching and judgement made with no idea of the context...........
Sanctimony, sanctimony, they've all got it infamy.:eek:

Look out - you've got a face mask there...................someone will be along to steal it shortly!!!! Sparky by any chance?
Gas engineer. The masks have been sat in the van for a long time for possible asbestos. The masks have been used up pretty fast this last 4 weeks

So, a photograph which could be anywhere anytime and a plonker whoever he/she, is/was. Seems like the curtains are a twitching and judgement made with no idea of the context...........
Sanctimony, sanctimony, they've all got it infamy.:eek:
Good of you to say so Eddie. As Bellcrew said, it was probably a track day, so I did think that it was a bit hasty to jump to the conclusion that the driver is a plonker.

I would say with a Momo steering wheel that's from a possibly a tracked Lotus Elise

It looks like I am going to drive in this crisis again as from monday 27th again.
Back to work.
It sure won't be a fun time to go working again. Desinfect everything you touch. Constantly washing hands. Watching out when having your lunch. Luckily, I can lunch in my van, so this won't be the biggest problem.
I am not looking forward going back to work now.

We went shopping for food last evening, a trip of 20 miles, and saw very few cars about but it seems like speed limits and traffic laws have been suspended during the lock down. We were overtaken by a van going at least 20mph over the speed limit at a blind junction! Then another van blatantly went through the red traffic lights, plus generally people seemed to be driving faster than usual. Anyone else noticed a change in driving standards? Perhaps it's a sign of lock down frustration?
Yes roads are like a race track at the moment.

I have been driving throughout the crisis, still working, did about 500 miles last week, motorways are very quiet with speeds about normal but I have noticed a lot more tail gating on A & B roads with the person behind itching to pass.

I have been stopped once by the police near the coast at Crosby, showed the officer my I.D and that was the end of it. I am working in the south lakes next week so expect to be stopped again if they run my reg through a check and see I'm 80 miles from home.

718 interior is lovely.
We had a loan one about two years ago and was offered a great part ex deal...
718 is fast, it’s a rapid machine but then so are Audi estate cars these days.

It just feels a bit soulless with that turbo 4 engine. It didn’t feel very special after you got over the initial lower end grunt it had compared to the 6...

I know it’s had a lot of stick over the sound it produces.
Honestly, this weekend I was cycling and I heard something approach from behind and cycled quickly to a passing point to let the old transit van past.
Turned out to be a 718 boxster...:talktothehand
992 all the way...

992 all the way...

Nice cars, very nice...
But I am loving the look of the latest 718 Spyder or GT4.
718 GTS with that 4.0 flat 6, is another worthy contender. Especially at the price point.

718 platform is perfect for British B-Roads...

I had a 718 GTS when mine went in recently to have a squealing caliper looked at. Nice car, very nice car. I've had a 2010 Boxster S too which was also lovely. However, stepping into the 992 now is a different league. The 992 is a great cruiser but also a track car that amazes every time. Yes it is heavier and feels a bit slower in some ways to react but lap times are still faster than a 718. It is in every way the better car imho

I had a 718 GTS when mine went in recently to have a squealing caliper looked at. Nice car, very nice car. I've had a 2010 Boxster S too which was also lovely. However, stepping into the 992 now is a different league. The 992 is a great cruiser but also a track car that amazes every time. Yes it is heavier and feels a bit slower in some ways to react but lap times are still faster than a 718. It is in every way the better car imho

Was that the 4 turbo GTS...?
I would be interested to try the latest GTS with the new engine.

How much room is in the back of a 992...?
Can you really fit kids in the back...? We need a second car that has more than 2 seats...:confused:

Was that the 4 turbo GTS...?
I would be interested to try the latest GTS with the new engine.

How much room is in the back of a 992...?
Can you really fit kids in the back...? We need a second car that has more than 2 seats...:confused:
I had a 69 reg 4.0 GTS I think one of the first registered according to the dealer. I have a 2 and 4 year old and I can get them and their seats in my 992

Greater Manchester Police have quoted 40% of drivers speeding on local roads, where all the walkers, runners, cyclists are around at the moment. Lawbreaking on a grand scale that increases accident consequences .. but I’m sure they’ll all be out clapping!

Looking ahead, it’s a positive that so many people for whom a good walk used to be from their front door to their car, are starting to walk, run or cycle... Maybe in the long run they’ll become calmer drivers now that they know what it feels like out there when cars speed. A neighbour and novice cyclist has commented that it is has opened his eyes.

Reactions: M&E
Greater Manchester Police have quoted 40% of drivers speeding on local roads, where all the walkers, runners, cyclists are around at the moment. Lawbreaking on a grand scale that increases accident consequences .. but I’m sure they’ll all be out clapping!

Looking ahead, it’s a positive that so many people for whom a good walk used to be from their front door to their car, are starting to walk, run or cycle... Maybe in the long run they’ll become calmer drivers now that they know what it feels like out there when cars speed. A neighbour and novice cyclist has commented that it is has opened his eyes.
I love to run and cycle but a blast in the motor (at legal limits on the road obviously) is still thankfully to be enjoyed.

We went shopping for food last evening, a trip of 20 miles, and saw very few cars about but it seems like speed limits and traffic laws have been suspended during the lock down. We were overtaken by a van going at least 20mph over the speed limit at a blind junction! Then another van blatantly went through the red traffic lights, plus generally people seemed to be driving faster than usual. Anyone else noticed a change in driving standards? Perhaps it's a sign of lock down frustration?
Sussex still have camera vans out - well hidden of course.

I went out the other day, it was really a pleasant experience, virtually no traffic. It must have been like that in the 30s/40s.

Having driven m25/4/23 and a23 4 days last week, there are very few speeders out there on the meats, most folk are being sensible, yep middle lane hoggers are there but no worse than usual.
On the A roads it’s the usual suspects showing off there appendage enhancers. But got to say no worse than any normal day.
Roads are getting busier as the weeks go on, def more folk out

It looks like I am going to drive in this crisis again as from monday 27th again.
Back to work.
It sure won't be a fun time to go working again. Desinfect everything you touch. Constantly washing hands. Watching out when having your lunch. Luckily, I can lunch in my van, so this won't be the biggest problem.
I am not looking forward going back to work now.
I have worked through this and it is surprising how easily you adapt. I have a large bottle of sanitiser in my truck door pocket which I use every time before I get in. I also have Dettol wipes which I use every day to wipe down the surfaces in the cab and finally medical grade gloves which I wear when eating my lunch. It has become a daily routine and I feel quite safe. When I make my deliveries I am quite happy to tell people to adhere to the 2 metre distancing (which some seem to forget) so I feel quite safe. The best advice I can give is to control your environment the best you can so that you feel safe. Good luck on Monday.

Thanks for the heads up.
Will see what it gives.