Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving Profile option

B

Brian Nicholson

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hello I saw this package in the price build up and does anyone know if this helps to improve the driving experience ?

Thanks

Brian

Driving profile selection "Drive Select" and Dynamic Chassis Control DCC with dynamic chassis
Price incl. VAT £ 1,458Price incl. VAT £ 1,458 ,

• Adaptive chassis control with continuous operation

• Suspension/shock absorp. (closed-loop)

I have the dcc and I wasn’t sure if I would use it. I’ve only done 2000 miles in the van and now would not be without it. Really impressed, the one thing about dcc it that you can’t lower the van so if your happy about not lowering your van I would say it’s great.

Adaptive chassis control has electronically controlled damping rates to suit speed etc. Negative being very expensive to replace if faulty.

I had the DCC on a Tiguan and I did find it very useful to be able to change from "Comfort" to "Sport", i.e. from having softer shocks for more cushioned travel, to stiffer ones when driving a bit more in a hurry.
I can see the benefit using soft shocks on the motorway or rough terrain to limit the shaking on the van, or using "Sport" on bendy roads in the mountains for example, as the original shocks are quite soft and the (heavy) Cali tends to lean a lot in tight turns. Of course the effect is accentuated or diminished according to what size wheels/tires you have.

Hi all, thanks for the feedback, I am planning to have 18" wheels, does this help or better with default 17"

Thanks

Hi all, thanks for the feedback, I am planning to have 18" wheels, does this help or better with default 17"

Thanks
18" makes it stiffer. Looks nicer. But no spare wheel. Some calis are 16". I 've found the 17" to be the right compromise. Cost less to replace and many tire dealers have it on stock as it is very common for VW vans. 18" needs almost always to be ordered. I wouldn't want to wait a couple of days if I'm travelling to a holiday and especially with no spare tire.

Thanks for that I did not think an 18" would not have a spare that would not be a good idea

Spare doesn't come from factory with 18" wheel option but many carry a 17" inch spare. Cheap and easy to fit the cage. 18" spare doesn't fit in but the 17" is find to get home and run until you can get original sorted.

Spare doesn't come from factory with 18" wheel option but many carry a 17" inch spare. Cheap and easy to fit the cage. 18" spare doesn't fit in but the 17" is find to get home and run until you can get original sorted.
I think there must be a good reason why you can't spec a spare tire 17" when you configure a van with 18". Why wouldn't VW want to sell you a 17" spare tire if you order the 18"?
I can assume there might be a circumference difference with the tire that may trigger an error or malfunctioning of abs/ESP, since they would detect a wheel running slower/faster than others.
I agree that if you were stuck somewhere nasty a 17" would still be better than no tire and you'll get somehow home. It won't solve the fact that a 18" being less common and in need to be ordered 99% of the times.

Could be. Loads on here about it, do a search, but generally accepted as being a satisfactory solution if you don't want to rely on gunk. I just raise it as one for the OP to consider before writing off their preference for 18" wheel option.

Back