Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DTD ordering experience

chrissieB

chrissieB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
If you order a new van through DTD do you have a choice of dealers ? There must be some better than others?
I'm slightly concerned as I've not had a great experience from my local VW van Centre.

No, it’s whoever they’re working with, in the case of Cali’s, currently Eurovans IIRC. I’ve recently ordered, spoke to Tom at Breeze (as have many on here), job done. If you want closer to you, I believe Hereford know their Cali’s (although no direct experience).

I think the DTD idea is that the discounted price is based on a particular dealer that will fulfill orders with that level of discount so you don't have a choice (all orders are with Eurovans in Crawley).

If you order a new van through DTD do you have a choice of dealers ? There must be some better than others?
I'm slightly concerned as I've not had a great experience from my local VW van Centre.
No. It's Eurovans Crawly. We had a great experience with them. Other experiences are also valid. We bought there but get ours serviced locally. You can buy there and get serviced at Breeze if you like. Technically.

No. It's Eurovans Crawly. We had a great experience with them. Other experiences are also valid. We bought there but get ours serviced locally. You can buy there and get serviced at Breeze if you like. Technically.
Thank you all much appreciated.

Eurovans probably ok as long as you have no major problems. Recent experience of people on here with the bellows saga has shown them in a different light..

I would talk to Tom at Breeze Poole they know the California and competitive on price. I live a couple of hours from Poole and don’t see the distance an issue especially when you’re spending serious money.

Definitely tom or Jamie at breeze Poole I traveled from the northwest, wouldn’t buy from anywhere else
If driving from the north the difference in distance between Crawley and Poole is probably only about 30 miles.

Mine came from Eurovans, no issues.

Gre
Happy to place my order today with Tom at Breeze. Better deal than DtD and a great chap to do business with.
Great result. Our challenge back in 21 was that no dealers, inc Breeze (who offered 4% "max"), were entertaining any sort of discounts. In fact most of them, well the ones who bothered to respond, were pretty rude about it. Making hay while the sun shone. So the differential between their prices and DTD was not worth the potential better service. DTD and Eurovans play the volume bonus game, vs the profit margin one. We were and remain happy with Eurovans, sure Breeze et al, now they have less of a waitlist and clamber for vans, will push themselves further.

Hi, I just have ordered a Beach with Breeze in Poole, so far they have been excellent and they were cheaper than DTD

DTD, picked up from EV.
Went over with fine tooth comb.
Glad I did, as had to ask VW Commercial to fix the scratch’s on lacquer from the “PDI guy” who washed the sticky protectors off with a dirty rag.
Nevertheless, glad of the £8k discount and the paintwork is perfect now.
VW Commercial stumped up £7k to relacquer ;)
At VW Coventry who work wonders with new lacquer.
No other issues after 11 months.
Apart from Passenger window had dropped at the front by 1/2” and it needs assistance to go back up.
But that’s what warranty is for.
All 5years of it !

Back