Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

E153 - no shore power symbol showin

Vwolder

Vwolder

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
This one is driving me crazy.

Original charger. Seems to be working just fine. Charging is great.

Everything on my E153 control modul is working as well - except for the symbol showing that I am plouged in to 230v?

Any ideas??

Thanks
1f3c80b6b93a863fe348e328f04fb706.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we’ve been here before. I’ve a feeling it only shows when battery is fully charged.......on some versions

Did I just make that up? Not sure?

I think we’ve been here before. I’ve a feeling it only shows when battery is fully charged.......on some versions

Did I just make that up? Not sure?

I think the manual says that it should come on as soon as it is hooked up.

I might have a problem withe the charger. I am only getting 13.0/13.1 volt and I think that I should be getting above 13.5 v.

It seems to be the temp sender in the battery compartment that is fooling the charger. When I unplug the G18 sender unit the charger goes crazy and gives me 15.2 V!!!

The g18 sender unit is giving me the right resistance (500 ohms/20 celsius) so i must be the charger unit. It would not be the first time as I understand :-/

Interesting.

My 93 Westy definitely had an mind of its own where the icon was concerned, even after I’d replaced the charger.

Aye it's the bar that goes off if not under load or something like that. I've seen far too many of the westy chargers go up in smoke recently. I swapped mine for the FraRon compatible unit for the westy screen. Works a treat and I don't worry about the van going up in smoke.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

SOLVED

I had a talk with a great guy from Germany who fixes these old units.

I seems that my charger was swaped for a later but still original unit. That unit use another temp sensor with a different resistance. God that sorted and now it is working like a champ!

Have a nice sommer and happy camping

SOLVED

I had a talk with a great guy from Germany who fixes these old units.

I seems that my charger was swaped for a later but still original unit. That unit use another temp sensor with a different resistance. God that sorted and now it is working like a champ!

Have a nice sommer and happy camping

Name? Contact details?

Sounds like a good man to know.

Back