Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eberspacher repairs - recommendations in north-west

Kafkaesque

Kafkaesque

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've looked through the forums to see if anyone has posted something on this, if I have missed something obvious please feel free to direct me to other posts (with my apologies!). I'm looking for somewhere that can look at an Eberspacher heater problem in the north-west, preferably near Stockport.

The Eberspacher heater on our 2007 VW Cali, aka 'Stan', seems to have died a death. It was originally firing up with a noise that sounded like something was hitting the fan. Now when I start it up on the control panel it lights up as if it's on, but the heater unit does nothing.

I've tried a few places locally to see if anyone can look at it, most seem to say it's not something they do. I eventually got through the PF Jones in Trafford Park, they have no availability until the 27th March. I've tried the Manchester VW Van Centre but haven't managed to speak to anyone who can help, still awaiting a call back.

Ideally if we can find somewhere that can look at replacing the bracket on the awning at the same time that would be even better.

Recommendations gratefully received.

Hi,
When we had a aftermarket Eberspacher heater fitted to our previous van, it was fitted at Ribblesdale auto electrics in Preston. They were very good so maybe worth a look.

Hi,
When we had a aftermarket Eberspacher heater fitted to our previous van, it was fitted at Ribblesdale auto electrics in Preston. They were very good so maybe worth a look.
Thanks for the recommendation, will have a look :)

Stay away from the VW dealers. They will sell you a new one. Folks asking about heaters are often pointed towards truck places.

I had a diesel heater in an old T5 of mine fitted at PF Jones. I wouldn't use them again. Nothing wrong with workmanship or quality. I just found their communications very poor at the time.

Nothing but praise for Ribblesdale though.

Thanks for all the tips :)

I found PF Jones and have spoken with them, my limited experience matches what SimonK says about comms.

I'll have a look at Ribblesdale and Bowers.

@2into1 that was my concern as well with the dealerships, that and price in general. I'd rather support a decent independent place.