Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Edition Detailing

Looks great, but I'm going to go down a different road... watch this space!!

redredzimmer said:

You can't leave us like that lol. More information, please??????
James

James said:
redredzimmer said:

James
hehe... I'm looking to adapt something more retro to work with the T5...I love the T25 Westfalia California Yellow/Blue/Maroon Windsurf logo.

redredzimmer said:
James said:
redredzimmer said:

James
hehe... I'm looking to adapt something more retro to work with the T5...I love the T25 Westfalia California Yellow/Blue/Maroon Windsurf logo.

That will be interesting. California Beach - in the same design?

James

Thanks, I use CorelDRAW which is cheap and easy for simple stuff like this!... I had already created it when you called my bluff!!

redredzimmer said:
Thanks, I use CorelDRAW which is cheap and easy for simple stuff like this!... I had already created it when you called my bluff!!

Lol. I had thought about using the California but not the Beach it was an idea I had.

I use photoshop and apple's version of paint - simple but effective.

I've just designed something interesting for my new front screen cover :)

James

redredzimmer said:

It's nothing amazing lol

Like some other members here I have ordered a screen cover from Bromsgrove Trimmers and asked for a design on it.

Had a chat with some people and looked at what had been done previously and in the end I decided on a set of eyes which I designed and drew on photoshop - similar to some I had seen on the net.

The idea being and excuse the laboured 'cliche', the idea being that at night with the front screen cover on it looks like, well, it looks like some eyes lol. I don't know... I like it. I went through a number of ideas.

I understand one member on here has the VW van evolution on their front screen which I think sounds good and I know one of the Berg boys has a Berghaus screen which also looks good. So just trying to do something a bit different and fun.

eyescover-page-0_zpsdf5dc633.jpg

It should look like the above (spot the yellow theme).

I like your Beach idea though - part of me says - don't put retro on a new van... But the design is retro and their is a retro element about the Beach. I think it could look really good. Will certainly look better on a white van. I'd be really interested to see it done. I would be tempted to debadge and have 'Claifornia' in the same style on the back lol.

James

I like the eyes... !!

I'm like you, not sure about my "Beach" logo, but will be relatively cheap and simple for me to do, and thought it might be fun for COTF!!

Because I have no real intention of putting big wheels etc. on I thought that going a bit retro might suit the beach a bit better!!

James said:
redredzimmer said:

It's nothing amazing lol

Like some other members here I have ordered a screen cover from Bromsgrove Trimmers and asked for a design on it.

Had a chat with some people and looked at what had been done previously and in the end I decided on a set of eyes which I designed and drew on photoshop - similar to some I had seen on the net.

The idea being and excuse the laboured 'cliche', the idea being that at night with the front screen cover on it looks like, well, it looks like some eyes lol. I don't know... I like it. I went through a number of ideas.

I understand one member on here has the VW van evolution on their front screen which I think sounds good and I know one of the Berg boys has a Berghaus screen which also looks good. So just trying to do something a bit different and fun.

I like your Beach idea though - part of me says - don't put retro on a new van... But the design is retro and their is a retro element about the Beach. I think it could look really good. Will certainly look better on a white van. I'd be really interested to see it done. I would be tempted to debadge and have 'Claifornia' in the same style on the back lol.

James

Looks good.

The Duke Of Sex would have been better though :laugh2

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3359&p=28776&hilit=familiar+face#p28776

cheers

redredzimmer said:
I like the eyes... !!

I'm like you, not sure about my "Beach" logo, but will be relatively cheap and simple for me to do, and thought it might be fun for COTF!!

Because I have no real intention of putting big wheels etc. on I thought that going a bit retro might suit the beach a bit better!!

That's exactly why I think ti would work.

James

smgcowfold said:
James said:
redredzimmer said:

It's nothing amazing lol

James

Looks good.

The Duke Of Sex would have been better though :laugh2

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3359&p=28776&hilit=familiar+face#p28776

cheers

Are you wanting to me to wear this at COTF Alex? lol - Duke of Sex pmsl

I'm already down to wear one of Simplydubs COTF t shirts. Maybe I could split my t shirt changing over the weekend.

Have you got a SMG T Shirt Alex? ;)

James

James said:
Are you wanting to me to wear this at COTF Alex? lol - Duke of Sex pmsl

Now that's tempting... I have an idea :)

My dinky "Beach" logo has gone on the back today.... the sides will be no problem, but I'm not liking the look on the front.... watch this space for some pictures soon!!

redredzimmer said:
My dinky "Beach" logo has gone on the back today.... the sides will be no problem, but I'm not liking the look on the front.... watch this space for some pictures soon!!

I'd like to see some pics :)

What's wrong with the front?

James

Oh this is my screen cover - finally finished!!!!

DSC_0649_zpsefe12e1c.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0649_zpsefe12e1c.jpg
    DSC_0649_zpsefe12e1c.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2
I'll get a photo up shortly, the problem at the front is the bonnet space doesn't lend itself to the graphic, and the rake will also make it look odd... I could stretch the logo, but this won't look good either!!

Loving the screen cover James!!

James said:
I'd like to see some pics :)

What's wrong with the front?

James

Oh this is my screen cover - finally finished!!!!

Ha ha, that looks great, James, really good!

Ian

Liking the front bumper and the pillars :cool .

Not so struck on the tailgate though, but thats because round our way you usually you see it a lot on 10 year old Astra vans only in their case it's to cover up the corrosion and rather than vinyl they use black gaffa tape :lol:

Paul S said:
Liking the front bumper and the pillars :cool .

Not so struck on the tailgate though, but thats because round our way you usually you see it a lot on 10 year old Astra vans only in their case it's to cover up the corrosion and rather than vinyl they use black gaffa tape :lol:

:smile

After many many months wondering and changing my mind, I am going for something radical.... the graphics go on tomorrow, and a little bit of wrap in places too... so should be fun!

Pictures to follow over the weekend!! :eek:

:cool
Definitely one of a kind. I like it.

Back