Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a good deal if your happy with the spec? Advice.....

Elmo the Ocean

Elmo the Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Means I need to have 2 spares onboard!
I’ve just fitted directional tyres. You just know that if by the law of sod you get a puncture, a further law of sod will say it will be on the ‘wrong’ side to the spare!

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I’ve just fitted directional tyres. You just know that if by the law of sod you get a puncture, a further law of sod will say it will be on the ‘wrong’ side to the spare!
Doesn’t matter if you are using the spare as a “ get to the garage “ spare and moderate your driving speed accordingly.
I too have directional tyres but a non-directional spare.

zac

zac

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just declined the offer of £42k. Explained it wasn’t 100% what I was after and I was prepared to wait. Explained it would have to be around £40k for us to consider it. Expected to hear no more...... come back with £40500, but I’d have to sort service out. Is there a risk in that?

LemonDrop

LemonDrop

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Good negotiating! When is it due a service? Does it have the extended warranty out of interest?

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I was in Wooburn Green the other day, they have stock of beaches, but there not advertising all of them on the website, Maybe worth a call to Richard wood, to see what they have, nice chap. Best advice DYOR regarding prices, there have been some excellent discounts about particularly via Autoebid

Richard Wood
Sales Executive

Volkswagen CV Wooburn Green
Citygate Automotive Limited
T: 01494628799
E: [email protected]

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Sales guys always have some wiggle room, now you’ve given him the magic number he’s come back with a close offer, to keep you interested.
Take the negotiation your way, ask for serving x2 to be included and a set of mats and a few other thing you can think of that you would like, if the magic number can be reached, otherwise hang them out for the end of the month. Vehicle sales are not great at the mo, end of month target figures might see you bag another lump off as well as some extra goodies if you ply it cool

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Sales guys always have some wiggle room, now you’ve given him the magic number he’s come back with a close offer, to keep you interested.
Take the negotiation your way, ask for serving x2 to be included and a set of mats and a few other thing you can think of that you would like, if the magic number can be reached, otherwise hang them out for the end of the month. Vehicle sales are not great at the mo, end of month target figures might see you bag another lump off as well as some extra goodies if you ply it cool
I think the OP said it was a Private sale.

zac

zac

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Yes it is a private sale. We’ve just done the deed and I go to pick up Sunday. I was on autoebid, checked daily on Autotrader/ ebay and VW website, I’m sure I’ve made the right move, so long as I don’t keep checking what I could of had if I waited :Grin

zac

zac

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Thanks to all though, helpful input and advice.
Hopefully up and running Sunday! Any advice on insurance helpful! o_O

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Yes it is a private sale. We’ve just done the deed and I go to pick up Sunday. I was on autoebid, checked daily on Autotrader/ ebay and VW website, I’m sure I’ve made the right move, so long as I don’t keep checking what I could of had if I waited :Grin
Congrats. Welcome to the club!
Did it have the 5 yr warranty??

Wiggly Woo

Wiggly Woo

née liaoyang
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Editions are the best looking Calis imo (we have an Ocean) and what matters is you’re happy with the deal which seems good imo. Don’t look back and just enjoy it. The attached may be useful. Cheers.

Attachments

Reactions: zac
LemonDrop

LemonDrop

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Nice one! I've seen one or two Editions on the road and they look awesome.

Plus you've got a bit of money in your pocket if you find it needs the odd thing doing. Looking forward to pics.

zac

zac

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
To be honest, I still don’t know. The deal sold it for me regardless so I’m assuming no. If it’s there, it’s a bonus.

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
To be honest, I still don’t know. The deal sold it for me regardless so I’m assuming no. If it’s there, it’s a bonus.
Sounds like you have a nice bus Dude :thumb

D

deanwilliams

Vehicle
T5 Beach
theres one in Castleford for sale 2019 fully speced with parking heater in refex silver 7k milage for £49995

Our Partners