Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Emergency/sports/camping/event key - cali club discount

C

choplee

Guest User
I have started selling these on Ebay link below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT

I'll do them for club members for £13.00 including normal postage.
RRP Ebay listing is for £15.75 plus £2.50 for recorded delivery, only because I've had a spate of scammers who's key "didn't arrive" and want an immediate refund.
Normal Ebay listing would have been £15.75 plus £1.35 postage
i got an e-mail form Jim Mann ...he runs an auto key business. I know some of you have had his keys ,but he now has a good porsche key good quality that works very well as an emergency ,sports or show /event type key....i have chatted to Jim a few times now and is willing to give club members this discount .
I have one cut and sent and used it at COTF 2013 ..

:!: Jim's e-mail he sent to me and the link below to show you who he is and the key :!:

At £13.00 each its a good discount considering standard postage is included.
I can send recorded for £1.25 extra for those that want added security
I only have 12 left from the original shipment so I'll see how they go, before ordering the next shipment.

Best for buyers to contact me at telecommann@+++++++.com stating they are from the club, otherwise I'll quote them a different price.
I take Paypal and cheques.
If someone doesn't have Paypal I've suggested in the past to buyers, they ask around to see who has a Paypal account, get them to buy it and then pay them in cash.

Lee,
I sell these as well, and could do for £11.50 inc postage

It has a chip holder so it can be used in the future if they decide to have it programmed to their van or as a combined item below, for sale at £16.50 inc postage

I saw the little one you have :shocked

Can he do the larger one with the proper handle as shown in the picture?

Stu said:
I saw the little one you have :shocked

Can he do the larger one with the proper handle as shown in the picture?

i've just e-mailed him stu to confirm it ,as it would be good to be able to have a choice of both for different uses :thumb

updated the original thread stu with a more standard style key with and without transponder chip .... :thumb

Thanks Lee, just ordered one from Jim using the photo option, and he has been very helpful - went for the £13 option - perfect for my needs

Ian

I think I'm going to have the 'proper' key without Immo chip. :thumb

Fanx mate :thanks

Stu said:
I think I'm going to have the 'proper' key without Immo chip. :thumb

Fanx mate :thanks

No worries tough guy ... My little Emergancy key fits in me lounge trousers a real treat ;-) ... Lol

Key arrived today, the one with a little bit of plastic on it - works perfectly and plenty of grip to turn the key!

great service, thanks to Jim and Lee

Ian

Tayls said:
Key arrived today, the one with a little bit of plastic on it - works perfectly and plenty of grip to turn the key!

great service, thanks to Jim and Lee

Ian

Your welcome Ian ...:)
I like to look out for good products get discounts from businesses to help my Cali brothers :)

...also, worth mentioning that as a result of this service, Jim was able to confirm my key number for me, which I didn't have before - bonus!

cheers
Ian

Am i missing something here? you are all giving your key number ( or photo of your key) and also your home address to a total complete stranger on Ebay?

What is to stop he coming down one evening and emptying out your Cali, I would assume insurance would be void.

Just a though! !

The alarm would go off, as he only has the key, and I think I could probably tell the police who did it :D

lonsdale13 said:
Am i missing something here? you are all giving your key number ( or photo of your key) and also your home address to a total complete stranger on Ebay?

What is to stop he coming down one evening and emptying out your Cali, I would assume insurance would be void.

Just a though! !

you give your details to total strangers everyday without you even knowing it ..... Least we know who this guy is where he is and what he does and that he has had hundreds and hundreds of happy customers .... I have spoken to Jim quite a few times now ,as i'm a fellow certified locksmiths and he's a nice guy and been trading as an auto locksmiths for years and years ..

whats stopping someone when your buying something over the phone making another order with your card details or someone hacking your account and taking money .????( had it done)
There are so many easier ways to steal from you than take your tea bags and cushions from your cali .personally I'd rather take a door key impression when you get another key cut at your local shoe repair shop and not hard to find out where you live ... So you can see that its a world where we have to trust every now and then ..:bananadance

Hi Lee

I'm keen to get one or more of these keys so thanks for the posting.

Just been reading the 'Controls & Equipment' manual to get up to speed on the alarm system and have come up with a question. As I understand it, if you open the Cali with one of these keys, the alarm will sound after 15 seconds unless the genuine key is used in the ignition or the electronic key fob is used to disarm the alarm. If you are using this emergency key because you've lost the genuine keys, is there a way of switching off the alarm once inside?

Cheers..........Mike

Hi mike ....I lock the Cali with this Emergancy type key and open the Cali with it and my alarm has never gone off as of yet ... I was under the impression that if locked the Cali with a key and not an electronic fob that the alarm doesn't set ...maybe someone else try this and see If their alarm goes off or not ..

The point of this type of key is to get you inside in the event you have locked your keys in . The key will not start your vehicle so you are still stranded . So if the alarm does go off it should be a case of finding the proper keys and unlocking the car with the fob. So if you have lost your keys then its a tow truck and the alarm sounding is the least of your worries.
So in theory carry both keys especially when abroad and with the emergency key hidden somewhere it should pretty much cover all eventualities.

I ordered mine . Jim was quick to respond despite my email ending up in his junk folder, so top service so far.

I must admit though I put my fob in the door card pocket and when I get in I open the side door with the fob ,so wouldn't get the alarm issue ...

Got my key today after using the code option and it works with no issue. Jim has been fantastic and the service was really quick and faultless. :D

Time to eat some humble pie, i ordered a key which arrived today. had excellent service from Jim also got the club discount

lonsdale13 said:
Time to eat some humble pie, i ordered a key which arrived today. had excellent service from Jim also got the club discount

:thumb :thumb :thumb

This is a quick note that Jim Mann (of "surf key" fame) asked me to post.
He asked me to post a short note to inform members that he will no longer be able to supply these keys to the club.

spf650 said:
This is a quick note that Jim Mann (of "surf key" fame) asked me to post.
He asked me to post a short note to inform members that he will no longer be able to supply these keys to the club.

any reason . :?: ...someone upset him :?:

Looking for a surf key, can I just get a metal key cut in Timpsons or something?

Back