engine misfire. warning lamp on

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
when driving today noticed my engine feeling a bit lumpy. like it was running out of fuel. plenty of fuel in. there were no lights on. buy since restarting I have this orange lamp on. book says drive to workshop and cat damaged. I have a t6 150 ps beach with 13k on clock. any advice dudes?

20170625_173116.jpg

Go to the dealer for a warranty fix.

ring VW assistance. esp as it is Sunday

I rang vw assist. he said maybe some dodgy fuel gone through and logged a fault code? he said it should go out on its own but if not go to dealer but nothing to worry about. I'm not so sure

Nice 1. I need one of those. I'm still sure something is actually wrong. is it normal for idle speed to vary when hot between 800rpm and 1000 ?Need to get it looked at under warranty

not heard about recalls. I bought 2nd hand so not sure how that works

not heard about recalls. I bought 2nd hand so not sure how that works

You have the warranty regardless of who originally purchased it. Not sure about an official recall. These normally apply to safety related issues only and other issues are dealt with or triggered come service time, regardless as everyone says call VW and get them to sort it for you.

Nice 1. I need one of those. I'm still sure something is actually wrong. is it normal for idle speed to vary when hot between 800rpm and 1000 ?Need to get it looked at under warranty
DPF doing a regeneration?

Cheers all. I did a long motorway trip to allow regeneration but the problem is still there. and although barely noticeable to passengers I can feel a roughness in the engine when throttling off and sometimes at idle. and then that light comes on so im thinking its related. probably just some stupid sensor.I'll have to take it to vw commercial I suppose. unfortunately there isn't one near me in Doncaster so it will be Sheffield. I will let you all know what the result is though.

Recently had the following done on our T6 Cali 2016 ,its a known recall/product enhancement. See threads in services/recall several T6 have had this done.

We took it in for a new sliding table replacement ,garage kept vehicle to do the product enhancement, it consisted of a software update to both the gearbox and engine software as well as the replacement of a pressure sensor in the turbo system and a replacement fuel supply hose. There is also a check to ensure the correct fuse is fitted to the secondary battery system.

This could be the cause of your warning light.

Cheers. I will be mentioning this when I talk to them

Latest,had vw assist out. Got several faults ,needs a new egr valve and an outstanding campaign that is relevant to the fault codes for tge dp sensor,so it has to go in to vw,hoping i get a vehicle to use. Using vw sheffield so we'll see how good they are.

oh. and the dude said the software update was for the dsg gearbox. mines manual

update. dpf sensor changed. software update and all fixed. Sheffield van centre were top blokes....although there was one miserable get there getting a bit mardy when I looked round someone's van that was sold...crikey...we all do that don't we.what did he think I was going to do?

Back