Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Entertainment system for California T5

D

dbradley55

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I had a Kenwood DNX521DAB fitted from new to my California T5. Ever since that day my wife and I have cursed this pile of **** as we have poked and prodded it over thousands of miles trying to simply see the screen, understand the interface and get it to do what we want. I walk into Halfords and see hundreds of units much better and cheaper than ours but my question is.... can you fit a more modern unit into my Cali as the current cut-out is a much deeper shape? See pic. Any help would be appreciated.

48480837-CC8A-4B03-B0F3-10A165BB21E6.jpeg

Hi.
I had a (still have it, but not installed) RCD310. My van was a showroom model, so I had no choice anymore.
Drove a couple of years with that radio, but then changed to a Chinese Android car stereo with possibility for navigation (free updates!!).
It is also a bit of a crappy device, but it does what it has to do: play my music on SD-card and navigate me to where I want to go.
IMG_20170729_161409.jpg

Of course I have the multivan dashboard, so it fits the same as the first Touareg.
I see that yours will be screwed, and they sell this type of systems for your California too. You seem to have the standard Transporter dashboard.
This radio is more like a tablet on Android, so if you are familiar with that, you can look for something like this?

You can fit any headunit you like, just need a decent Facia conversion kit, costs about £60

Drop us a pm or call and il go through all your options

Back