Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Erberspacher parking heater retro fit

M

MacDonald

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I'm having a erberspacher parking heater fitted to my Beach and was wondering if anyone has managed to find a light grey inner drivers door step with the vent for the air inlet. I can get the black one but it would be nice to keep 'Sally the Cali' as authentic as possible
Alasdair MacDonald

I'm having a erberspacher parking heater fitted to my Beach and was wondering if anyone has managed to find a light grey inner drivers door step with the vent for the air inlet. I can get the black one but it would be nice to keep 'Sally the Cali' as authentic as possible
Alasdair MacDonald
VW? Part 4

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 23.38.30.jpg

Last edited:
Surely the retro fit company can get the part from VW ?

You can get the part from your local VW van centre, give them you Cali registration number and you will get the correct colour.

Your dealer may struggle because your registration mark (or VIN) will only bring up items that are correct for the vehicle as it was manufactured. A good parts man should be able to sort out what you need. Tip go to the trade parts counter not the fancy parts desk in the showroom.

Try looking here https://www.ilcats.ru/vw/?function=...&group=8&subgroup=863&part=863000&language=en for item 4 .
It would help if you removed the existing step (or another that is the same colour) and make a note of the colour code associated with the part number, the colour code is the last two or three characters of the part number i.e. 7E5863736?LAX in this case the letters LAX define the colour and the ? the variation in the particular part. Remember LAX may not be relevant to your particular vehicle, I've only used it as an example.
If your vehicle has the stainless steel inserts be sitting down when they tell you the price!!

@MacDonald I'm doing the same research for my 2019 T6 Beach... I'm pretty sure that, in my case, the part is 7E5863736P 92W but I think I will try to pry off the existing step to be 100% sure (I've tried before but stopped because I didn't find how to remove the light fixture from the step).

Attachments

• Body-builder-guidelines-Transporter-EN-45-2017.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Does your Beach have a cut out in the B pillar as VW advise not to cut holes in main structure points.

Look at post number 20. If you read the entire post you can see what the B pillar cut out looks like as it has a sort of a reinforced lip in the panel.
Hi I’ve recently fitted the vent into the b post, I considered carefully the structural integrity, I cut the hole slightly smaller than an original, this is possible as the air throughput of aftermarket D2 is lesser than that of the factory D3. I filed round all ‘corners’ to minimise any stress points and folded/formed a slight lip to imitate the original. The lip sits inside the plastic ducting bracket. The b post is 3 layers of metal forming the structural shape IMO it is extremely unlikely that the seat belt bolt is only secured to the single inner skin otherwise it would bulge in a crash test. i wouldn’t cut too close to the bolt!!
keeping the hole undersized, it more than equal to 60mm ducting, allows additional metal above the seat belt anchorage point compared with an original. Don’t do it unless you are competent, I served my time as a panel beater.

Back