Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EU Travel advice

Good advice, but spot the word 'may'. The devil is in the detail, hmmm I suppose theres joke in that word somewhere. 2 years to get a deal, and only 50 days left. It reminds me of the good old school days when we had homework and had 'loads of time' and then all a of a sudden, it was due in the next day :-0. Lets hope that word changes from 'may' to 'will' soon.
_________20190210_140013.jpg

Yes Hotel
Thé UK gov site states that there will be no changes for you...your licence and your licence plate will be valid.
We Brits MAY need an international driving permit, or two, and GB stickers, and a green card

Is there yet any info about changed rules for us Europeans entering the UK for hollydays?
Seems No Change for EU licence holders, only the EU possibly playing silly b*****s with UK Licence holders.

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 14.22.48.jpg

But then to be expected.

Good advice, but spot the word 'may'. The devil is in the detail, hmmm I suppose theres joke in that word somewhere. 2 years to get a deal, and only 50 days left. It reminds me of the good old school days when we had homework and had 'loads of time' and then all a of a sudden, it was due in the next day :-0. Lets hope that word changes from 'may' to 'will' soon.
_________View attachment 41359
True , only MAY, but the sticker is a couple of quid, and a permit £5.50, green card free, so I’m going to get them just in case. It would be an expensive mistake if I had to come back to UK to get them mid holiday

We want to travel to Holland at Easter. But currently waiting to book our crossing until after the 29th March.

Europe really needs to look at itself. It’s time to stop playing games and get on with business for both sides.

We want to travel to Holland at Easter. But currently waiting to book our crossing until after the 29th March.

Europe really needs to look at itself. It’s time to stop playing games and get on with business for both sides.
I am not sure what you want us to do here, it is not us who decides to leave and then can’t agree on terms. Or are you saying it’s EU who can’t unite on the terms?

I am not sure what you want us to do here, it is not us who decides to leave and then can’t agree on terms. I figured Theresa May have spent years going through the details but the UK parliament can’t decide.
Well for a start, seeing as this thread is about driving in Europe, honouring the UK Driving Licence WITHOUT the requirement for the additional International Driving Permit or Green Card, AS the UK Government have done for ALL EU and EAA Driving Licenses.
How about that for a start.

Or using the EU's favourite word - how about a little clarity for UK visitors.

Or using the EU's favourite word - how about a little clarity for UK visitors.
The terms will be much clearer once it has been decided if we leave according to May’s deal or knock the EU for £39 Bn of future liabilities.

The EU has been perfectly clear:
1. Leave according to May’s deal - nothing much changes for two years.
2. Leave with no deal and we will be treated like any other country without bilateral agreements on driving.

It really is not fair to blame the EU for a lack of clarity when their deal/no deal position on British driving in Europe is entirely dependent on the decision of our parliament, and their position for either option is crystal clear.

On a related but different matter, I read today that there is a possible way to break the current Parliamentary impasse:
Offer a free vote to all MPs on May’s deal, their decision binding only if it is ratified by a deal vs remain referendum.

It should be a way to unite supporters of May’s deal and remainers in the House of Commons while sidelining the small number of no deal MPs.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

My issue with the EU, is their insistence on making Brexit as difficult as possible.
The first thing that should have been negotiated was a trade agreement.
It’s not just for the UKs interest but also that of Europe. Infact the EU could have simply said it’s in everyone’s economic interest that trade continues with no barriers. Instead they have created an impossible situation. One which will pay heavily on EU economies. Germany’s biggest car export market is the UK...

The European Union is a great concept devised by the richest and most powerful people on the planet. It was not created to help the common man, but enabled the richest to become richer by exploiting certain markets and aid the transfer of cheap labour to where it sees fit.

The way the UK has been treated over the last two years, my resolve to leave has strengthened.
Good luck Germany with your immigration issues, Italy with its banking sector on the brink of collapse, Spain and its stagnant economy and Greece, oh Greece...

My issue with the EU, is their insistence on making boris bike as difficult as possible.
The first thing that should have been negotiated was a trade agreement.
It’s not just for the UKs interest but also that of Europe. Infact the EU could have simply said it’s in everyone’s economic interest that trade continues with no barriers. Instead they have created an impossible situation. One which will pay heavily on EU economies. Germany’s biggest car export market is the UK...

The European Union is a great concept devised by the richest and most powerful people on the planet. It was not created to help the common man, but enabled the richest to become richer by exploiting certain markets and aid the transfer of cheap labour to where it sees fit.

The way the UK has been treated over the last two years, my resolve to leave has strengthened.
Good luck Germany with your immigration issues, Italy with its banking sector on the brink of collapse, Spain and its stagnant economy and Greece, oh Greece...
I’m unsure how a trade agreement could be negotiated until the UK told the EU if it wanted a customs union or not.

As far as I know, a Canada style free trade agreement is still on offer, but it is for the UK to say if this is what it wants.

It is very easy to blame the EU, but it has been UK leavers who have been disunited, not the other 27 countries of the EU.

I’ve just booked the Harwich to Hook of Holland ferry for Easter hols. I will just get all the ‘extras’ now just in case.

May I ask what you are using for site information?

Regards

The terms will be much clearer once it has been decided if we leave according to May’s deal or knock the EU for £39 Bn of future liabilities.

The EU has been perfectly clear:
1. Leave according to May’s deal - nothing much changes for two years.
2. Leave with no deal and we will be treated like any other country without bilateral agreements on driving.

It really is not fair to blame the EU for a lack of clarity when their deal/no deal position on British driving in Europe is entirely dependent on the decision of our parliament, and their position for either option is crystal clear.

On a related but different matter, I read today that there is a possible way to break the current Parliamentary impasse:
Offer a free vote to all MPs on May’s deal, their decision binding only if it is ratified by a deal vs remain referendum.

It should be a way to unite supporters of May’s deal and remainers in the House of Commons while sidelining the small number of no deal MPs.

Not really. The U.K. Government has ALREADY decided that there will be NO CHANGE for EU and EEA citizens holding EU and EEA Driving Licences whether there is a Deal or No Deal when visiting the U.K.
There is absolutely no reason that the EU and EEA members could not reciprocate, no reason at all, unless of course they want to make life difficult for the U.K.

Not really. The U.K. Government has ALREADY decided that there will be NO CHANGE for EU and EEA citizens holding EU and EEA Driving Licences whether there is a Deal or No Deal when visiting the U.K.
There is absolutely no reason that the EU and EEA members could not reciprocate, no reason at all, unless of course they want to make life difficult for the U.K.
I can think of 39,000,000,000 reasons why the EU might not want to give us the benefits of EU/EEA membership if we crash out of the EU.

I can think of 39,000,000,000 reasons why the EU might not want to give us the benefits of EU/EEA membership if we crash out of the EU.

When I leave a club i don’t expect a refund and certainly dont expect to pay a Divorce Settlement. I expect to pay any fees due and then walk away.
All they want is their money, their pension pot. As you have said, it’s all about the money and they will hurt us as much as they can to get their hands on it.
NOT a club I wish to remain a member of.

When we collected our Cali I was a bit peeved that the dealer had failed to get us European number plate as requested. I knew there was a positive it has just taken me this long to spot it....

Europe had struck a deal, the one the UK government should never have signed until parliament had agreed it. Incompetence in UK not EU

When I leave a club i don’t expect a refund and certainly dont expect to pay a Divorce Settlement. I expect to pay any fees due and then walk away.
All they want is their money, their pension pot. As you have said, it’s all about the money and they will hurt us as much as they can to get their hands on it.
NOT a club I wish to remain a member of.
I cannot pretend to understand how the £39 Bn figure was calculated. But it seems to have been agreed by both sides as the "fees due".

Using your club departure analogy, if you left the club without paying "any fees dues", would you expect to be welcomed back to the club with the same or similar terms as a club member if you refused to pay "any fees due"?

I didn't say it's all about the money, but that is certainly part of it. There are a great many other factors: agreeing the financial bit seemed to be the easy bit.

Deal, no deal, mays deal, 2nd referendum, soft brexi t, hard brexi t or remain. Whatever option is taken, its such a shame there's still going to be millions of people who are going to feel let down. Peolle all really split in so many directions. This has unfortunately become a no win situation whatever happens. Whether you voted to remain or leave, i think we can all agree, parliament as a whole have made a right dogs dinner of this.

I cannot pretend to understand how the £39 Bn figure was calculated. But it seems to have been agreed by both sides as the "fees due".

Using your club departure analogy, if you left the club without paying "any fees dues", would you expect to be welcomed back to the club with the same or similar terms as a club member if you refused to pay "any fees due"?

I didn't say it's all about the money, but that is certainly part of it. There are a great many other factors: agreeing the financial bit seemed to be the easy bit.

I believe the 39 billion consists of:-

1. The UK’s contribution to EU annual budgets up to 2020;
2. Payment of outstanding commitments; and
2. Financing liabilities up to the end of 2020.

So I imagine a no deal leaves us paying 2 and binning 1-3.

Mike

Europe had struck a deal, the one the UK government should never have signed until parliament had agreed it. Incompetence in UK not EU

Absolutely. The government have made a right dogs dinner of the situation.
But let's not forget the EU have been nothing, but obstructive through the entire process.

I am perhaps in the minority. But i would rather see a no deal Brexit.
We voted to leave.
We didn't vote for this deal and that...?
We must break away completely and start the hard work on setting out, our own rules and regulations and forging new ties with Europe and the rest of the world. ASAP
Politicians and Remainers should feel ashamed at the way they have tried to stop/change and hinder the democratic wish of the British people.

Going back, it was an error not to have the vote at a two thirds majority, especially on a subject that was extremely decisive and which affects so many people.

But we must move on and forward and we need to do it immediately...

Politicians and Remainers should feel ashamed at the way they have tried to stop/change and hinder the democratic wish of the British people.
That really is an extraordinary thing to say.

The problem all along has been a split in the outcome desired by leavers. Had they been united with a clear plan of how to achieve our departure for the EU, this matter would have been done and dusted by now. To blame those who fundamentally disagree with the decision to leave for the disarray of leavers is absurd. Also note that a remainer is the one who has been left to negotiate a plan for leavers. Two of the three most prominent leavers (Boris Johnson and David Davis) have abandoned the government and EU negotiations, heckling from the sidelines instead. Along with Liam Fox, they were given senior cabinet positions and a country estate (Chevening) to share and plan our exit from the EU. They failed leavers miserably. Your misplaced anger should be directed at them.

Is it wrong for people to campaign for electoral reform because the 2011 alternative vote referendum was lost? Of course it is not wrong.

Where do we go from here? Unite supporters of May's Deal and remainers in a parliamentary bill accepting May's Deal on the condition that it is ratified by another referendum. Leavers have failed, let others move on. As Donald Tusk might say, Boris Johnson and David Davis can go to Hell.

Disagree. The Leavers have a Plan - Pay monies Due and Leave. Simple really. Just like any Club or Gym Membership.
We wish to continue trading with them and so all goods/services would have to fulfil their standards just as they wish to trade with us and would have to abide by our standards. In the short term those standards would be equivalent on both sides. Only in the future would those standards drift apart - maybe.
No different to Japan trading with the EU. All Japanese goods, so traded, must abide by EU standards and EU goods to Japan by Japanese Standards.
All present EU Laws/standards/workers rights transferred into UK Law and only in the future might they change depending on Parliaments view. They might not.
Other Pan-European Agencies could go the same way.
I really think people are over-thinking the whole scenario and doing that for purely personal and Party reasons without taking heed of the Referendum result.
I voted back in the 70's to join the Common Market. If successive governments and the Brussels clique had not lied to the people over the past 50 odd years regarding their Fedralistic plans then we wouldn't be in this position.
Greece is failing, Italy following suit and arguing with France, France battling with its own people, Spain failing, the Eastern states objecting to EU Immigration Policies, the rise of Freedom parties in numerous EU member states. None of this would have happened if the original golds of a Common Market had been kept and adhered to.

Back