Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5- Socket change from Schuko to UK

B

Big Blue

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just wanted to share a little project. So it bugged me that the van had a Schuko (euro) type socket. I decided to change it it out for a UK 3 pin one.

Managed to determine the plug was CBE C-line type. I purchased a 3 pin one.

Changed them out and now we have a UK socket.

Well pleased! (Below is the Schuko)
911efa2c3258022bd6fc4ce2043e1527.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work.
This might seem a daft question but I have my reasons. What type of screws held the socket to the kitchen unit? I want to remove mine (t6.1) to get access to the wiring in order to run another cable to a second mains socket I want to add near the fridge. Had a concern that it might have nuts behind the panel which would drop off!

Nice work.
This might seem a daft question but I have my reasons. What type of screws held the socket to the kitchen unit? I want to remove mine (t6.1) to get access to the wiring in order to run another cable to a second mains socket I want to add near the fridge. Had a concern that it might have nuts behind the panel which would drop off!

Thanks. I have a T5 but I can’t imagine much has changed. They were short self tappers straight in to the kitchen unit. They have a T10 head. Just don’t over tightened them.

I think your socket will be the Berker type. You will soon tell when you take the cover off.

Good luck.

e172bbc5be9835aa6b0dc2e52432cdeb.jpg

Many thanks.

Just wanted to share a little project. So it bugged me that the van had a Schuko (euro) type socket. I decided to change it it out for a UK 3 pin one.

Managed to determine the plug was CBE C-line type. I purchased a 3 pin one.

Changed them out and now we have a UK socket.

Well pleased! (Below is the Schuko)
911efa2c3258022bd6fc4ce2043e1527.jpg

I have a 2006 T5 SE that I want to change the euro socket for a UK one and the Hellas Din socket for a regularb12v... do you think these CBE C lines would work on both sockets?

Hi
I wish to change my euro socket to a uk 3 pin socket and well. (I have a T5 2012 VW California)
How difficult was it to do?
How is the Euro socket unit held in place - is it held in place with screws or do you just ease it out? Is there enough wire to change / connect to a 3 pin unit or do I have to extend?
Do you have a product code / supplier where I can purchase the correct 3 pin UK socket?
What are the wire colours to that have to go the positive and neutral connectors?

Sorry for lots of questions but hoping to do the change asap.

Many thanks
Adrian (Surrey based)