Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro 2 pin socket

Roughly translated, it means I have an unlocked iPhone in my pocket and it's been touched by something whilst running through the rain.

Many apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh.......so disappointed I thought it was the start of something - looked so interesting!

$_1.JPG
Can someone confirm that this socket is not on the T6 Beach?

My manual makes a mention of this socket, and I have a 3 pin British socket which works on hook up, and a 20 amp cigarette lighter socket, but have not found a Euro two pin socket.

Can someone confirm that this socket is not on the T6 Beach?

My manual makes a mention of this socket, and I have a 3 pin British socket which works on hook up, and a 20 amp cigarette lighter socket, but have not found a Euro two pin socket.
That's for the 150 watt Inverter found on the B pillar behind the Passenger seat on U.K. spec SE/Ocean.

I tried this plug, unfortunately the pins are not the correct diameter, the plug worked but needed some wiggling and was not reliable, the television I used also had a colour tinge presumably because it needs a smoother supply than the VW invertor was capable of, back to the drawing board.

Morning all. Need some of the electric brains on the forum. Maybe @sidepod @WelshGas @Loz can help - or others!

I'm using my Cali as my mobile office for the next 2-3 months, driving between sites and sleeping over in it. Unreliable access to EHU, or even a plug socket at sites sometimes, so trying to find a way to charge my laptop as I drive.

Seems the passenger B pillar Euro socket is best. The laptop adapter draws 1.4A at 100-240V, so I think it should be okay to be plugged in to this. What are your thoughts? And if so, does it have to be whilst driving only? I'll only ever be parked up for one night between drives.

From a certain CPC website I'm going to buy a hexagonal Euro plug and a 1-gang UK socket to wire up. I've got my head round most of it, though it feels inherently wrong that the hexagonal plug can be either way 'up'. Which in turn means the live and neutral could be always switching over. For most appliances this shouldn't be an issue (laptop included) - any (non-committal, non-legally-binding, non-it's your fault if my van burns) advice?

Morning all. Need some of the electric brains on the forum. Maybe @sidepod @WelshGas @Loz can help - or others!

I'm using my Cali as my mobile office for the next 2-3 months, driving between sites and sleeping over in it. Unreliable access to EHU, or even a plug socket at sites sometimes, so trying to find a way to charge my laptop as I drive.

Seems the passenger B pillar Euro socket is best. The laptop adapter draws 1.4A at 100-240V, so I think it should be okay to be plugged in to this. What are your thoughts? And if so, does it have to be whilst driving only? I'll only ever be parked up for one night between drives.

From a certain CPC website I'm going to buy a hexagonal Euro plug and a 1-gang UK socket to wire up. I've got my head round most of it, though it feels inherently wrong that the hexagonal plug can be either way 'up'. Which in turn means the live and neutral could be always switching over. For most appliances this shouldn't be an issue (laptop included) - any (non-committal, non-legally-binding, non-it's your fault if my van burns) advice?
The Inverter socket converts 12v to 240v with a maximum out put of 150 w, so maximum current output is Amps x Volts = 150w so at 240v maximum Amps is 0.5 amps or thereabouts if my 50 yr old physics is correct.
Also this is very inefficient converting from 12v to 240v to about 20 v for the laptop.
It would be much better and more efficient to purchase a 12v charger for your laptop. Virtually ALL makes have a 12v charger available.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_n...harger&ie=UTF8&qid=1522998977&rnid=1642204031

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Brilliant! Thanks WG. Far less chance of me spontaneously combusting and torching the Liverpool region during my travels.

ps - I can understand it'd be hard for VW to 'just' fit a 3-pin socket fascia in a space designed for a smaller Euro socket. But it does seem a bit strange that they haven't yet resolved this for non-European deliveries of Californias.

Plus, why is it a hexagonal socket, and not a more typical round European one? Must be a simple answer - but I can't find or think of it!

And that's my biggest complaint of the Cali. So I'll take that.

ps - I can understand it'd be hard for VW to 'just' fit a 3-pin socket fascia in a space designed for a smaller Euro socket. But it does seem a bit strange that they haven't yet resolved this for non-European deliveries of Californias.

Plus, why is it a hexagonal socket, and not a more typical round European one? Must be a simple answer - but I can't find or think of it!

And that's my biggest complaint of the Cali. So I'll take that.

I expect the fitting of a non-standard socket is to reduce the likelihood of someone plugging in a hairdryer or similar high wattage appliance.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Back