Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro outlet near 230v outlet?

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
I know it must have been asked before loads but cant find it via search! What is this euro outlet for behind the passenger? How is it supplied (only live when fed from site supply?) and what can it supply? 150 watts aint much? I assume there is a converter/adapter outlet available for uk sockets? What do you use it for and why is it not a standard 230 v outlet..

you have answered your own question nearly its an inverter socket that runs of the leisure batteries it converts 12vdc to 230ac but its very inefficient and can only power things upto 150 watts . it is ok for laptops etc

I know it must have been asked before loads but cant find it via search! What is this euro outlet for behind the passenger? How is it supplied (only live when fed from site supply?) and what can it supply? 150 watts aint much? I assume there is a converter/adapter outlet available for uk sockets? What do you use it for and why is it not a standard 230 v outlet..

Kev answered comprehensively.

It is an inverter, converts DC to 230vAC, get's it's power off the leisure batteries so enabling you to still run low ampage AC devices off grid. I use it to power my bluetooth Bose speaker. It does not have a 3 pin plug because it is a continental van and clearly VW considered it to be not worthwhile re-jigging that rather cramped space on the pillar to put a three pin on it. I use an adaptor.

I found it rather nice having decent sound whilst wild camping. Sat at Ardnamurchan point overlooking the hebrides, snug and warm, having a glass of wine listening to Mendelssohn's Fingal's cave with the wind howling and snow lashing down outside was quaintly civilised :shocked

Sounds awesome Granny Jen...Cant find that gizzmo online/shop? Must be a more compact one?

I have an older, 3 pin on a lead adaptor. I have seen plugs like that either in Curry's or John Lewis, can't remember which. I was having my windows tinted (and what a cock-up that's been) and needed to kill fours wandering around a local retail park :shocked

Is that tint over existing factory tinting? Changing the subject....

Yes. I wanted 20% and ended up much darker and also a bit missed.

Long story.

I'm seeing if I can live with the limo-tint otherwise it's all off and new tint on plus the bit missing.

Yes. I wanted 20% and ended up much darker and also a bit missed.

Long story.

I'm seeing if I can live with the limo-tint otherwise it's all off and new tint on plus the bit missing.
Ooooh, like our local undertakers.:Nailbiting