Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Europe

B

Bubble

VIP Member
Hi

I'm visiting France next week. Just checking there's nothing important i need to be aware of when traveling down.
Im interested in knowing if my microwave/ toaster is compatible with there voltage ?
I'm aware of the headlight conversion & travel kit.....

Thanks

I don't know about the microwave or toaster.

From what I've read you need to be aware of a few potential differences with elec. hookup in France:

1. amps might be lower than you usually get in UK so you might struggle to power some heating devices.
2. some campsites use a european 2-prong plug rather than the blue CEE17 so you'd need an adaptor (see EBay)
3. some campsites have the polarity the wrong way round so you should take a polarity tester and either rewire if necessary or better use a polarity switcher (blue CEE17 plug & socket cross-wired).

Only know 'cos I've just started looking. :D

Custardtart is correct about electrics, we have used a toaster regularly, be careful about electric kettles we have an 1800w one but i notice a lot of electric kettles in the uk are 3000w too much for van electrics and a lot of sites in France. If i take my microwave i usually connect to spare socket on bollard at campsite if one is spare

We stayed at around ten campsites in Spain and France and had no issues with hook up; we only needed our two pin adaptor twice.

TBH we hardly needed hook up anyway.