Eurovans Crawley - collection of new T6.1 Ocean

GilesSelby

GilesSelby

Giles, Pippa, Zack & Brodie - T6.1 Ocean
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,

We’ve been notified today by Eurovans Crawley that our new T6.1 Ocean is now in the country and will be available for collection shortly. As we’re based in West Yorkshire they’ve offered (at additional cost) to have the van driven to us i.e not delivered on the back of a low loader. We’d very much welcome any feedback of any issues encountered either upon collection in person from Crawley or having arranged home delivery. If there have been many issues with collection in Crawley then we’re likely to go down in person. The cost involved for home delivery is pretty similar to train fares and accommodation etc.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Hi everyone,

We’ve been notified today by Eurovans Crawley that our new T6.1 Ocean is now in the country and will be available for collection shortly. As we’re based in West Yorkshire they’ve offered (at additional cost) to have the van driven to us i.e not delivered on the back of a low loader. We’d very much welcome any feedback of any issues encountered either upon collection in person from Crawley or having arranged home delivery. If there have been many issues with collection in Crawley then we’re likely to go down in person. The cost involved for home delivery is pretty similar to train fares and accommodation etc.
No view on Crawley collection but would you want somebody to drive your new Cali. Its hard to thrash an auto but you won't know how they treat it. Running in is not talked about much but the first miles on an engine, I would think they need to be gentle.

I would enjoy the train journey down and the the drive back with a big grin on your face.

Saying that, ours is an exdem, so probably had a hard life before we got it. Dealer said it had only had one trip to Devon when the boss didn't want to take his electric car.

@RockinNRollin may be able to give you their perspective having recently picked up from EuroVans. I’ve just got the call from EV and have booked my rail journey from the North West. I’m lucky though as I have family in London I can stay with overnight. The thing you may miss out on is the ‘tutorial’ they give on operation.

My first van was from EV and the handover was excellent.

Personally I would not let them deliver it to me, nothing against them but the thrill of driving it back I would want to Be all mine.

Hi everyone,

Post in thread 'New T6.1 order delays'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-t6-1-order-delays.35353/post-610597

Collected mine last Thursday from EV. There were a few issues including a small dent on the driver door; easy to discuss (and as it turns out, fix too, as they happened to have a Smart repair guy on site at the time).

I would go and get it. Any issues are easier to resolve, you get it clean, it hasn’t been thrashed up the motorway and it’s more satisfying.

Ordered from EV and opted for delivery, no problems all parts present and correct. Obviously didn't get the handover but managed to muddle my way through with previous posts on here and YouTube.

We bought and picked up from EV. Got the train down. Others did the same alongside us. Zero issues with handover (we took an hour) and like others picking it up and then driving it back was part of the experience. You have spent the best part of 70K on a dream vehicle - don't treat it like an Amazon package. Treat it as your first adventure.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the collection of our new Ocean from Ben at EV in 2021. We live in London so easy to get there, and we enjoyed the experience together. The handover was mediocre though - I hoped for help setting up drivers on the infotainment etc but Ben didn’t have a clue. I knew you should have a door opening when closing the roof, he didn’t seem to. I did spot the fag lighter torch was missing though, and he found me one.
I also spotted one of the black B-pillars (sports pack) was missing on the video he sent before we collected. That was sorted when we got there.
I’d go and pick it up if you can, and get there as early as poss. Took us a good 3 hours to get it all done, so you’ll want to be on your way looking for a nice place for lunch with a view of the car park so your can admire your new home-from-home… you are going to love it!
If you can only get there later I wouldn’t rush home in the dark. Take a couple of sleeping bags and toothbrushes and book a site. You can get a take away or eat in the pub and grin from ear-to-ear as you go to sleep in the roof listening to an owl and wake up excitedly realising what adventures are ahead…

Go and get it.
I’ve just had £6k re-lacquer on a brand new 4M.
Collected it 31st Nov 2022.
And took pictures. The scratches wouldn’t come out by my Detailer.
So EU & VW CV paid for VW Coventry to relacquer.

So check it over with fine tooth comb.
60 to 80k shouldn’t be a 5 minute hand over.
Take the list in new vehicle collection from the forum file section.
And spend 2 hours checking it over.
Very happy now. And had a over 9% discount from DTD but the pickup from EV was okay.
Good luck !

I got the train down from South Yorkshire when I picked mine up from EV earlier this year. Stayed overnight in the Travelodge Crawley then its a 5 min taxi from there. I then enjoyed the drive home.

Ordered from EV and opted for delivery, no problems all parts present and correct. Obviously didn't get the handover but managed to muddle my way through with previous posts on here and YouTube.
I didn’t even know delivery was an option.

In May I flew down to EV Crawley from Aberdeen on red eye easyjet flight to Gatwick, and short train ride to Ifield station, then a 2 min walk to the garage, arrived at 08.30am. Yes the 4.30am wakeup alarm was tough, but worth it.
i was on the road home in our GC 680 by 10.30am and stopped at a Britpubs carpark near Penrith for the night. Went well and was nice to drive it home.

5 years ago I had a new golf R driven up from Oxford I think it was, so when It got it it already had over 500miles on it. The experience was ok, but this time I wanted to drive back myself.

In May I flew down to EV Crawley from Aberdeen on red eye easyjet flight to Gatwick, and short train ride to Ifield station, then a 2 min walk to the garage, arrived at 08.30am. Yes the 4.30am wakeup alarm was tough, but worth it.
i was on the road home in our GC 680 by 10.30am and stopped at a Britpubs carpark near Penrith for the night. Went well and was nice to drive it home.

5 years ago I had a new golf R driven up from Oxford I think it was, so when It got it it already had over 500miles on it. The experience was ok, but this time I wanted to drive back myself.
I actually looked at flights from Manchester to Gatwick. Found one for £70 (cheaper than the train) but it went via Jersey and took over 8 hours!

I actually looked at flights from Manchester to Gatwick. Found one for £70 (cheaper than the train) but it went via Jersey and took over 8 hours!
Mad world innit?!

I travelled from Leeds to Poole to get mine. There and back on the same day. It was fun and also a good opportunity to ask questions.

Hi everyone,

Collected ours from Eurovans in November 2020. No issues despite Covid restrictions at the time. Collecting in person does of course give you a chance to run through a handover checklist (available on this forum) before the van leaves their site.

I live in Suffolk collected my van from Preston. All part of the experience, although it did snow on my way home but I had taken a kettle and thermos so had hot coffee and I stopped in a Morrisons to buy food, de-icer and a long handled scraper. I went up by train, collected van, stayed in a hotel and had plenty of time to get use to the van before the journey home.

The dealer was great at explaining how everything worked including the roof, awning and seat movements. Also helped me set the radio, very useful on the long trip back, even the traffic reports!

If you have a mobile with goggle maps or a movable sat nav that you are use to take that in case a built in one makes no sense. If there are 2 of you navigation will be no problem so ignore this paragraph.

Enjoy your new van.

Hi everyone,

I've just heard today ours is now in the country too. How long are you expecting to wait before being able to collect?

I've just heard today ours is now in the country too. How long are you expecting to wait before being able to collect?
Hi. We’ve arranged to collect in person at the end of this month. Could have gone earlier but would like to meet the person we’ve been dealing with.
Thank you to everyone who has responded. The comments have been very helpful

I believe the transport companies have a 10 day SLA to get the van from port to dealer (but they normally improve on that. The dealer will clean it and give it a PDI as soon as they can to get it off their forecourt. You should have it within a fortnight :)

Back