Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eurovans Crawley - collection of new T6.1 Ocean

I believe the transport companies have a 10 day SLA to get the van from port to dealer (but they normally improve on that. The dealer will clean it and give it a PDI as soon as they can to get it off their forecourt. You should have it within a fortnight :)
Dealers have a 10 day SLA from the date it hits UK soil to deliver to the customer. If they miss this VW does not count that van towards their volume bonus.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the collection of our new Ocean from Ben at EV in 2021. We live in London so easy to get there, and we enjoyed the experience together. The handover was mediocre though - I hoped for help setting up drivers on the infotainment etc but Ben didn’t have a clue. I knew you should have a door opening when closing the roof, he didn’t seem to. I did spot the fag lighter torch was missing though, and he found me one.
I also spotted one of the black B-pillars (sports pack) was missing on the video he sent before we collected. That was sorted when we got there.
I’d go and pick it up if you can, and get there as early as poss. Took us a good 3 hours to get it all done, so you’ll want to be on your way looking for a nice place for lunch with a view of the car park so your can admire your new home-from-home… you are going to love it!
If you can only get there later I wouldn’t rush home in the dark. Take a couple of sleeping bags and toothbrushes and book a site. You can get a take away or eat in the pub and grin from ear-to-ear as you go to sleep in the roof listening to an owl and wake up excitedly realising what adventures are ahead…
What is this “fag lighter torch”? Where should that be?

Hi everyone,

We’ve been notified today by Eurovans Crawley that our new T6.1 Ocean is now in the country and will be available for collection shortly. As we’re based in West Yorkshire they’ve offered (at additional cost) to have the van driven to us i.e not delivered on the back of a low loader. We’d very much welcome any feedback of any issues encountered either upon collection in person from Crawley or having arranged home delivery. If there have been many issues with collection in Crawley then we’re likely to go down in person. The cost involved for home delivery is pretty similar to train fares and accommodation etc.
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Collected ours in person earlier in the year, down on the train and back in the van in the day from Manchester. Eurovans is a stones throw from Ifield Station. The whole day was a great joy, particularly when it came within 3 months of ordering.

What is this “fag lighter torch”? Where should that be?
In a little white box, it looks like a cigarette lighter.
You twist it, and the end lights up with around 0.00001watt of light power.
Pretty useless tbh.

Ours was ordered recently with Eurovans (via DTD) and we’re midlands based so bit of a trek although not as far as some of you but we’re definitely planning on collecting.
Three main reason;
1. Don’t want someone else driving our brand new vehicle before me.
2. Want to go through everything with the handover sales person and check the van over for marks or scratches and also check everything is as it should be.
3. Look forward to the drive back.

I paid for my My Audi R8 to be delivered from the dealer on a trailer. It was collected a few days later by the trailer company and paid for by Leeds Audi to go back to them because I wasn’t happy with certain aspects of the car. I was so disappointed as it spoiled the massive excitement of having a car like this. I wouldn’t want to have this disappointment again with the Cali.

Definitely go collect. We did from the Midlands in November ‘22. Table & chairs both missing on handover and big scratch on boot lid. Supposedly been PDI’d :rolleyes:
Handover by Ben was ok, he’s a lovely chap but lots of things he didn’t show us, so just take the checklist and info you get off here. Enjoy!

We picked ours up end Nov 22 from Crawley and felt the handover was rushed and we had window blinds missing, wheel jack and some other parts from the tool pack.
I got the best deal from these guys but I personally wouldn’t recommend them.

We picked ours up end Nov 22 from Crawley and felt the handover was rushed and we had window blinds missing, wheel jack and some other parts from the tool pack.
I got the best deal from these guys but I personally wouldn’t recommend them.
Yes it’s a PIA, travelling down, the shoddy handover, but the £8k saving was 100% justified.
I’d purchase from them again, and do the same, go over with a fine toothed comb and do my own PDI (almost !)

My experience of EV I doubt was much different to most dealers - they probably all have a fairly standard procedure for handover and PDI; it just doesn’t get into the nitty gritty keen owners want it to, particularly the camping bits. Ultimately then you’re likely to go through the same careful checking process so you may as well go for the best deal. As long as you highlight the missing bits on collection you can get them replaced, either there and then or request them to be posted to you.

My experience of EV I doubt was much different to most dealers - they probably all have a fairly standard procedure for handover and PDI; it just doesn’t get into the nitty gritty keen owners want it to, particularly the camping bits. Ultimately then you’re likely to go through the same careful checking process so you may as well go for the best deal. As long as you highlight the missing bits on collection you can get them replaced, either there and then or request them to be posted to you.
Exactly, I had bits missing, the awning handle and window fly screens, they took them out of another showroom vehicle. but every dealer I spoke with, around 8 (Heritage Bristol, Birmingham, Droitwich, Wales and some up Scotland to see if it was a geographical issue, could only ever do around 4%)
So 9.4% at DTD was a no brainer.

Dealers have a 10 day SLA from the date it hits UK soil to deliver to the customer. If they miss this VW does not count that van towards their volume bonus.
Slightly different Volkswagen have 10 days to deliver it to dealers then there isn’t a set timescale for dealers to hand over but we try 5 days from when it’s arrived with us.

Slightly different Volkswagen have 10 days to deliver it to dealers then there isn’t a set timescale for dealers to hand over but we try 5 days from when it’s arrived with us.
We were told the other, but either way super glad we got ours within 7 days of hitting UK soil. When you waited a year like we did the any extra days wait when it hits the UK feel like eternity.

I guess the speed for some might be to hit a quarterly target depending on the month of delivery. Or just dealer fidelity.

:thanks

Yes it’s a PIA, travelling down, the shoddy handover, but the £8k saving was 100% justified.
I’d purchase from them again, and do the same, go over with a fine toothed comb and do my own PDI (almost !)
Same. We had no issues but I did my own inspection and had my own checklist. Zero issues and zero missing. But having worked in the industry I know the deal and was happy to manage myself.

Just wanted to provide an update. We picked up the new Ocean 150 from Eurovans yesterday. Mike Wool from Eurovans has been our point of contact since ordering through DTD and he was really helpful yesterday. The handover took over 2 hours so we were glad we’d allowed time. There were a couple of slight issues (the 4 keys we’d ordered weren’t included and one of the wind deflectors we’d requested needed a bit of adjusting) but all in all it was a great experience. Given the experience, we would definitely buy again from them and arrange pick up direct.

So thanks again everyone for your helpful comments - really appreciate them. In the meantime, here are some pics from yesterday (before the drive back home and all the spray/dirt from the motorways! ). Really pleased with the Ascot Grey/Sport pack combination. Now to add the VWCC sticker….

2666B656-7975-45B3-9930-C07CFAA61ECA.jpeg

F58A4C98-460A-4F4F-A5D8-AED27EC013C7.jpeg

38D17D48-4538-4057-AAD7-26AB360194BB.jpeg

F764E266-7B06-4EF9-8485-AA3B5C5E0B87.jpeg

414E55A2-10E7-41B3-8E0E-9DCE6DAAA696.jpeg

F352F17B-76D7-4168-8F44-D2A4B501E608.jpeg

Just wanted to provide an update. We picked up the new Ocean 150 from Eurovans yesterday. Mike Wool from Eurovans has been our point of contact since ordering through DTD and he was really helpful yesterday. The handover took over 2 hours so we were glad we’d allowed time. There were a couple of slight issues (the 4 keys we’d ordered weren’t included and one of the wind deflectors we’d requested needed a bit of adjusting) but all in all it was a great experience. Given the experience, we would definitely buy again from them and arrange pick up direct.

So thanks again everyone for your helpful comments - really appreciate them. In the meantime, here are some pics from yesterday (before the drive back home and all the spray/dirt from the motorways! ). Really pleased with the Ascot Grey/Sport pack combination. Now to add the VWCC sticker….

View attachment 112285

View attachment 112286

View attachment 112287

View attachment 112288

View attachment 112289

View attachment 112290
Yeah Mike is a lovely bloke.
And for the saving. I’d use EV again for sure.
The California looks great !

View attachment 112285

View attachment 112286

View attachment 112287

View attachment 112288

View attachment 112289

View attachment 112290
Stunning :cool:

Is that white or ascot?

Good to know that Mike was helpful as he’s my contact too. How long was the wait time from ordering to collection?

Another thumbs up for Mike from me. He’s massively busy (not surprised bearing in mind the turnover) but is professional, friendly and helpful. I wish I’d gone for the Sports Pack now. Saw one in the flesh when I picked mine up and the wheels and styling pack, while subtle, make a big difference to the look of the van.

Stunning :cool:

Is that white or ascot?

Good to know that Mike was helpful as he’s my contact too. How long was the wait time from ordering to collection?
It’s Ascot Grey - looks lovely as it appears slightly different colours in different light. The sport pack sets it off well I think.
We ordered 17 April and collected 31 July so not too long a wait.

I agree, I too wish in some ways I'd gone for the sport pack! That said, as it stands the list price of mine sneaks under £75k which makes insurance life easier (tracker requirements etc.).

One of the things I loved about my T4 was the brightness afforded by the non tinted windows. The standard tint on the Ocean is subtle enough to let plenty of light in. What put me off the sports pack (other than the cost which I couldn’t really afford!) was the darker tint. Would be interested to see what that looks like from the inside.

View attachment 112285

View attachment 112286

View attachment 112287

View attachment 112288

View attachment 112289

View attachment 112290
Did you see the Ascot Grey Ocean 22 plate in the showroom by any chance? Because I’ve put a deposit down on it. Hopefully seeing it next week.

Collected mine from Mike yesterday and already had to request something be put right which he promptly agreed to. Eye test below, anyone spot the answer? I didn’t until @Kayleigh pointed it out to me!

IMG_1589.jpeg

Back