Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eurovans Crawley - collection of new T6.1 Ocean

Strangely the other side IS a Cali badge…how does that even happen and how many eyes did it get past before I picked it up?! Lucky it’s on my van really as I work just down the road from them, would be far less amused if I was travelling as far as some of you lot do.

Also one other person who spotted it…My Mrs, who was with me on collection! ‘I thought it was meant to be like that as it’s technically a Transporter’ she said this morning when I told her about it. Despite being stood on a forecourt with me in front of about 50 Calis all with the correct badges :)

Having been bitten previously with a new vehicle that turned out to have had some fairly significant repair work carried out prior to collection, I would ask the dealer to confirm in writing that there wasn’t any damage to the wing done during transit that’s been repaired. It’s pretty common and easier to see how a mistake like that could be made at a body shop vice the factory.

Having been bitten previously with a new vehicle that turned out to have had some fairly significant repair work carried out prior to collection, I would ask the dealer to confirm in writing that there wasn’t any damage to the wing done during transit that’s been repaired. It’s pretty common and easier to see how a mistake like that could be made at a body shop vice the factory.
Good point. Hard to believe it left the factory like that.

It’s Ascot Grey - looks lovely as it appears slightly different colours in different light. The sport pack sets it off well I think.
We ordered 17 April and collected 31 July so not too long a wait.
I feel smug in my choice now. I’ve ordered the same ascot grey with sports pack. I also ordered DCC which lowers it slightly to standard so I believe. Have you got DCC on yours?

Is the privacy glass definitely darker on the sport pack?

One of the things I loved about my T4 was the brightness afforded by the non tinted windows. The standard tint on the Ocean is subtle enough to let plenty of light in. What put me off the sports pack (other than the cost which I couldn’t really afford!) was the darker tint. Would be interested to see what that looks like from the inside.
It’s quite tricky getting a photo that shows the tint clearly but I’ve had a go. Hope this gives you an idea. Having had a 2015 T5 SE before, I’d say the tints are similar. Certainly don’t think it’s much darker (if any) with the sorts pack but I appreciate without direct like for like comparison it’s a tough call.

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7286.jpeg

IMG_7287.jpeg

I feel smug in my choice now. I’ve ordered the same ascot grey with sports pack. I also ordered DCC which lowers it slightly to standard so I believe. Have you got DCC on yours?

Is the privacy glass definitely darker on the sport pack?
No, we didn’t go for DCC. Glad you’re happy with the choice.
As I’ve just posted and as you’ll see from the photos it’s quite tricky to tell with the tint on the privacy glass whether it is any darker. I’d say compared to our previous T5 it’s about the same.

And what would you do if it did have significant repairs done on it out of interest?

And what would you do if it did have significant repairs done on it out of interest?
Check it carefully, and assuming it was properly done with no concerns, make sure it was fully recorded and get on and enjoy the van. But I would want to know, both to check the work properly and in case of any future issues. Plus I would always wonder if I didn’t ask.

Have asked the question! To my eye it looks the same as the other side and no obvious difference but you’re right, it’s good to know either way. Never really thought about it before but I suppose you’re right, must happen relatively often and the buyer will have no idea. I certainly wouldn’t if not for the name badge :)

Have asked the question! To my eye it looks the same as the other side and no obvious difference but you’re right, it’s good to know either way. Never really thought about it before but I suppose you’re right, must happen relatively often and the buyer will have no idea. I certainly wouldn’t if not for the name badge :)
Go over the panel with a soft magnet. That will tell you if there is any filler. Paint meter even better.

That said, unless you’re adept at examining repairs or prepared to get someone who is to examine it though, I’d be inclined to roll with it (once the Cali badge is replaced!). As said above it’s very common.

Well that’s the thing, even if it has been repaired I’m most likely not going to reject the vehicle and wait three plus months for another one, seems a bit drastic for body damage. I’ve asked Mike to confirm either way, if it was repaired what additional information would you ask for?

if it was repaired what additional information would you ask for?
Who did the work, pics of damage and a written guarantee that any warranty issues will be honoured. If there was significant damage and non factory paintwork, like it was backed into, I might consider some form of compensation as any future buyer could factor that into an offer. If you sell to dealer they certainly will. But we are getting ahead of ourselves.

It’s warrantied by definition surely it is a new vehicle? I doubt it’s grounds for rejection even if you do find out it’s been repaired.

Connected ours from Mike yesterday too. The slot after Giles...

All was ok apart from only one key fob being present. The second one lost somewhere along the way.

They will order another but it's a slight concern that there may be an active key kicking around for our vehicle.... Also means we can't configure We Connect and will also need to visit another dealer for coding once the key arrives...

Giles - how long did they say your keys would take to arrive???

Stayed fairly local last night and most things seem to be working.

IMG20230801090351.jpg

All was ok apart from only one key fob being present. The second one lost somewhere along the way.

They will order another but it's a slight concern that there may be an active key kicking around for our vehicle.... Also means we can't configure We Connect and will also need to visit another dealer for coding once the key arrives...

View attachment 112334
Your black plastic wheel nut covers are missing.

View attachment 112334
Mike said the keys would be posted within 10days

I picked up my van from Eurovans Crawley last January. Didn't notice the wheel nut covers were missing (didn't know they should have been in place when collected either). I have had numerous other problems with the van, oil light, pop top, cupboard, and sliding door blind issues. Now I noticed the wheel nuts are rusty! Will they replace the wheel nuts? and make sure the wheel nut covers are in situ, or will there be a to and fro with VW?

Back