Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

expectations on tyres

A how long is a piece of string question.
Mine, 16/18,000 on fully loaded 4Motion doing loads of back roads in Scotland and Wales.
Agree most of my commute is Brisk driving on Highland A roads in the west coast ( not the almost motorways A roads like the A9) and tend to get 21K of a set of Good year vectors gen 3, about 11.6k on front. The nearside front edge being the limiting factor at around 3-3.5mm ( tracking and pressures fine- SUV versions might be better) which for all seasons turns out to be fortunate as always useful in snow or more likely here during rain under 7C in winter.
I ask for the new tyres to be put on the rear as there's normally 5mm + on the rears and if they start loosing traction under power, steering or braking then I can be confident that the rears will be fine.

Certainly hope I don't have your experience!
I hope you don’t, would be good if mine was just coincidental. Please share your experience after a few months .

are these the tyres you mean?

I need to replace all four of my tyres but I’m concerned that these are not rated for the C
Ugh. Lost half my post. I’m confused by the weight ratings. The label on the vehicle indicated a 102-104 rated tyre which equates to 850-900 kg. Does the weight rating have to match the loaded, or the unloaded weight?

Ugh. Lost half my post. I’m confused by the weight ratings. The label on the vehicle indicated a 102-104 rated tyre which equates to 850-900 kg. Does the weight rating have to match the loaded, or the unloaded weight?

775DF8A4-7069-4B03-BA34-EBCACB94E16C.jpeg

It's specific to the model of the van. Will be calculated Fully Laden + % allowance for overloading...ie for worst case; Never go lower than the rating on the door panel, as might invalidate your insurance.
ok, but the load rating on the door panel is 850kg. The van weighs 3000kg.

does the load rating get multiplied, ie 4 tyres + 850 = 3400kg?

Yes, Vehicle weight + Max payload (people, luggage etc).

There’s a label in the engine bay which shows the exact maximum axle load for your vehicle. Think it’s on the left side looking aft.